Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Monday!

Brrr, it's cold outside. And don't yell at me, but I'm passing on the fire this morning! :( I feel rather yucky this morning and just don't have the energy for it.

However, I'm thoroughly enjoying sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee and my netbook and relaxing before the chaos of getting 3 kids off to school starts. 4 lunches are packed and ready to go, as well.

Today is another busy day. Work for me, but I have to leave early. My oldest two have orthodontic consultations at 3:00. Hooray, braces for all! (sarcasm dripping)

Tonight is 4H at 7:00 for dd. Other than that, I will be busy trying to keep on top of this house (I'm failing). Have a great day!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Morning Monday!

Good Morning!

Well today is going to be a day for getting things done in the house. My kids do not have school today due to a scheduled teacher workday. However, due to the ice storm we are having I doubt they would have had it anyway. The weather is nasty and most businesses have either closed or delayed opening. Of course my husband was not one of the lucky ones. Anyway, today I will be catching up on laundry and dishes (since I slacked off over the weekend). I also need to change all the bed linens, vacuum, and clean the kids bathroom. Since I am going to be inside all day I may take advantage and do my menu planning a day early.

Stay warm!!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
me, not feeling so well. heading back to bed shortly. dd had a rough night sleeping as she is not 100%. dh has sinus infection and coughed most of the night and mrning while getting ready for work. i let dd go back to sleep and drover her late to school after giving her brkfst and some motrin.

i am achy, head full of good ol snot and tired. took some motrin and an alavert-d which will hopefully help. i can go back to sleep til 2pm. then have to get up and shower as i am interviewing a new babysitter at 3:15pm today. hopefully dd will be okay at school. she will definitely be going to bed early tonight! as will i.

so, i have already pd both mrtgs via phone, straightened the kitchen and disinfected all door knobs, lt switches, cabinet doors, tv controllers and bathrooms and i am off to bed for a few hrs in the hopes of feeling better

·
Registered
870 Posts
It's a winter wonderland here...it's expected to snow all day! DH decided against driving the 60 miles to work (schools in all the towns he drives through are closed due to snow) so he's home today and can watch DS which is a $$ savings to us.

I have to work for a couple of hours this afternoon but other than that I'll be doing laundry, taking care of the piled-up dishes in the kitchen, cleaning the kitchen, putting away clean laundry, sweeping/mopping, cleaning the bathroom and finding five things to "fling" for my Fling 2011 things in 2011 challenge.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Happy Monday! :wave:

After being on my feet and physical all weekend (which I'm not used to) my body is on strike. My brain is racing a mile a minute going over what needs to be done and here I sit like a tater in front of the computer :lol: It's had enough and wants/needs rest. Not sure what will get done.

I'd like to get the following done:
* fold laundry washed last night
* go through a mini mountain of clothes
* pop out to buy more bread & possibly make dad walk
* curl up with a mug of something 'hot' and watch tv/clear off the PVR
* purge a lil bit I guess

Everything else will be gravy. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We are in a Winter Wonderland here also and the snow is still falling. Very beautiful from inside my house with the fireplace and a cup of hot coffee.I did my walking tapes, took care of the pets, called out to the farm(we have someone to manage it and I am glad on these cold winter days. We could not do it any other way!)I plan on cleaning the basement, then I am going to bundle up and get out and walk in the snow. Even if I have to force myself, I enjoy it once I get out. Hope you have a warm and safe day!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Happy Monday!
A snow day here in West TN, so I got to sleep in. I really need to get my house cleaned. For some reason my Sunday house cleaner never showed up; maybe it was because she was depressed over the fact that the KC Chiefs lost. :)
Not sure what we are going to have for supper tonight. DH brought in a lot of meat from the freezer last night but I dont know what he left out to thaw.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Morning all!

I am here in NY where it's coooold but sunny. Our southern friends are getting this storm, though I will say you can keep it!

Lots to do here at the paid gig, but wanted to say good morning to all!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Today is a "snow day" the kids are enjoying the snow even if the adults are not! DH went to work today and said there were 13 cars at the bottom of our hill ("mountain?") and it looks like people tried to get to the top and failed last night. I have my neighbor's two kids because their mom is in Atlanta on business and their dad is on his way back from a conference in Nashville and had to spend the night on the road due to weather.

Besides keeping 4 kids happy and cleaning up their trackin-in-slush messes, I have: done laundry and cooked breakfast and lunch. Supper will be "working woman's stew."

Keeping an eye on the weather as we're supposed to get more snow tonight. Have a great day everyone!

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Ice fog here today...everything is frosted white.

Today is a no drive (for me; Dh to work and home) and no spend day.

Need to do some housework, but should be a slow day. Spring semester starts tomorrow!! Eek!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Work, free pizza for lunch, and rice & beans for dinner - my favorite! Had a bowl, and then heated two corn tortillas in the cast iron skillet with a little cheese. So good; I could easily live off that stuff!

Now about to start reading one of the books I picked up at the library today. (Haven't decided between Be CentsAble, America's Cheapest Family or a book about a woman who rowed solo across the Atlantic).

Also made several low cost plans for the rest of the week. I DO need to get out more!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I have been letting laundry build up, since I've had the flu.

I am in the midst of what I think will be about 8 loads of laundry, I've been doing all day.

4 loads alone (!!) of towels, thanks to when my DS24 was here (he uses at least 2 big towels, 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths in a DAY--and I TRIED to get him to use a towel for several days when he was raised here, and he always said 'oh, that's just gross.') Yet he'll put on dirty clothes after a shower..... ??

Went to WM for groceries and such. Did very well---$$ wise. :tay:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today has been a lazy day. I got up took DD to school and returned to bed for 3 hours.

I did manage to run to the grocery store this afternoon after picking DD up from school. She is at her Mema's house until 7 tonight, so I fixed club sandwiches & tater tots for DH & I.

I have 1 YES 1 load of laundry left to complete, and will do a load every other day so that I do not get backed up like this again.

I have sent in my payment to reserve my spot in a mom 2 mom sale. I am hoping to sell almost everything of DD (that she has out grown) and use that money to purchase things for this baby. That would be wonderful not to have to spend anything but what we make from the sales of DD things.

Going to clean the kitchen from dinner and head out to get DD. Then give her a bath and put her in bed for the evening. Hopefully will get to clean the bathroom, work on a meal plan, & possibly make a coupon/sales match up list.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!! (The snow is on it's way to MI, although I hardly believe the weather reports anymore lol)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hi girls, missed you all yesterday. We spent most of yesterday putting together the old computer so I can have my very own computer. DH spent a few hours on it again today and we still have work to do. I haven't done much today becuase I just didn't feel like it. I have Lazyitis.:lol3: DH just left for work so I have to do dishes and then I want to start on my jigsaw puzzle, and read a little before bed. Hope all of you who are sick get some rest and feel better tomorrow.

Cat

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Back to work for me today!

I got up early and got some things done in the house that allowed me to "not" spend money today.

~I put a roast and potatoes in the crock pot for supper.
~I got the laundry put away before it got wrinkled (no ironing!)
~ Got the dishes done so I had containers to take my lunch in
~ Packed my lunch and all my drinks and snacks for the day.
~ Paid for DD10's cheerleading with money I had saved in the change jar and from the grocery bill. :)

It's freezing out but warm and cozy in our apartment - we are going to bed soon to snuggle and watch some TV.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Busy Monday. Very cold with snow, but we didn't get a snow day. Made egg salad sandwiches and tomato basil soup for dinner. Must get coupons cut and filed, papers graded, audition schedule made, and daily reading done before bed. Fixed DH's lunch for tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.