Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half the family has the day off so we are playing catch up with housework. The littlest GS has a cold but his dad is taking care of him. Today I need to take DD out to begin looking for new glasses. Debating if DS will get a haircut today. The weather will be chilly all week but he is starting to look really shaggy. Lunch will be leftovers and dinner will be Potato Curry Skillet.

·
Registered
460 Posts
working today, will be doing some housework tonight when I get home. I will be gone this weekend so I have to get a little done each night this week. Having taco salads tongiht for dinner!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
The end of a three day weekend. I feel like the day is already half over and I haven't done anything yet so I guess it will be a slow day here as well. As for how the rest of the day will probably go and it's connection to frugality....

~ weight work out with home dumbbells
~ cook dinner at home (might try a new crescent roll from scratch recipe I ran across)
~ free entertainment via the net
~ get some work in from home (save the round trip gas money to go in for an hour or so)
~ bring my drink for bowling tonight ;)
( On that subject let me just say that bowling shoes even if you only bowl every once in a while are a very frugal investment - there are frequently coupons out there for free games of bowling at different places but shoes can run from $3 to $6. If you enjoy bowling at all find yourself a pair on clearance somewhere and hunt out the good deals during the alleys slow times.)

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
645 Posts
Feeling a bit blue today and can't really put my finger on it. I think just overall feeling down about my adoption wait - 28 months - and my bf is still waffling on whether he wants to parent or not. Plus I have my period. And I just overall feel like I need time off to get stuff done. I'm at work - at least it's slow so I don't feel pressured to be "on" when I'm not having a great day. OK - maybe I need to jot down somethings I'm grateful for today:

-I'm not sick
-I sent some more $ to savings Friday after getting paid
-my house is the most organized and clean it's been in a while
-my two kitties and two bunnies are healthy
-I am healthy and have all of my limbs, can dress myself, etc.
-I own a beautiful house
-It's 40 today - in January in Chicago

Well, that's a lot of stuff - need to look at glass as half full, not half empty.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
To market, to market, to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

Well, not a fat pig. But a fat lotta groceries needed here. :dis: Off to town.

Gloomy, dark skies here. But pretty snow!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm still in bed. lol. Sinful. And GLORIOUS! :) I've been up to get coffee and some breakfast, but back in bed and surfing the web and playing on the Village is an amazing morning!

Yes, I need to get up and get going. Housework awaits. I need to straighten the kitchen and dining room, vacuum rugs, tidy the bathrooms, and mop the floors. Then I need to put all the Christmas items away. They are all boxed up, just not put back in their regular storage area.

I've also been going over my budget this morning. So many areas I can work on. That's good.

And with that said, I need to go start a fire in the woodstove as it's COLD this morning and my heat keeps clicking on.

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
157 Posts
Day off from school. Went to park for daily walk with dog. Cold but pretty. Stressed about a lot of crap right now so the pretty park wasn't serenity-inspiring.

Driving to the park, realized I had a flat tire. Ugh!

After park, relaxed awhile and decided I'd just get the tire replaced @ Wal-mart when I did my shopping.

At least I don't have to think about it anymore. $80 for one tire!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
What a day! Did the usual am routine with DH, he drove himself to work while I went to the dr's. Picked up a few things on my way home, hit the dollar store, stopped at the bank, came home and paid bills online, had lunch, cleaned up the kitchen from dad & lunch, tidied up the lv rm and ran the Roomba. Oh and managed to pack up 3 care packages and send them out at the post office :)

Still to do, sorting through some 'stuff' boxes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts