Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy MLK DAY!!

Yeah, I had to work this morning, so I went in early while everybody else blissfully slumbered away. And now I'm home, which is AWESOME!

So currently I'm eating a late lunch, but after that, it's time to get busy! We still have one child here that hasn't been picked up yet from the sleepovers we hosted last night.

We had a colorful Saturday evening that involved a drunk passed out in his 4 wheeler/rhino in our bushes by our house (we live in the mountains on a couple of acres, so it took a bit for him to even get to our house to get STUCK in the bushes). We tried to find someone who knew him, and he finally sobered up enough for us to find his actual home. Yikes.

ANYWAYS, I am going to organize my papers this afternoon! DH doesn't believe me, but it's going to happen today! I bought the files and will drag up the file cabinet in a bit. Woo-hoo!

Dh is doing the laundry before he leaves to go back to the city for work. Boo, I miss him already.

Other than that, I'm going to relax before another jam-packed week!

Have a good one!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just a regular workday here!
Excited we are having take-out pizza tonight ( Monday special 14" for $7.49)
That will free up my evening some. I plan to stitch at least 30 minutes and then whatever.
Oh and I am going to sit & stitch in "the man cave"!! DH and I are really falling into our "own" routines and not spending much time together. So I want to make a more focused effort of us spending time together (at least in the same room, lol)

Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Cold rainy day here i made pot of home made vegetable soup thew in almost every thing except the kitchen sink had to many dirty dishes to do that i can dirty up more dishes then any one i know.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I had today off

I ran to cvs to pick up a birthday gift and picked up some stuff on sale with coupons

Came home did three loads of laundry
shredded one bag of junk mail
picked up
wrapped birthday present
cooking dinner now
need to get trash together for tomrrow pick up

·
Registered
1 Posts
A regular work day for me but I got a 15 dollar off coupon from World Market that is burning a hole in my pocket when until the end of the work day today. Don't you love it when companies send you free stuff?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Frugal day for me.
Breakfast - on sale smoked sausage
Lunch - Home made chicken & rice soup and Home made chicken noodle soup. 1 on sale B/S chicken breast in each pot with rice and pasta given to me by my Dad that he wasn't using. So we had lunch for about 10 for appx. $2.00.
Supper will be hamburger steaks w/rice & gravy and biscuits. I had 2 whole eye of round roasts ground into HB when it was on sale for $2.49 per lb. Still cheaper than regular HB around here. And no Beef Products, Inc. ingredients in it.
Won't have to stop for anything, so a pretty frugal day for me.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Home in bed sick, kids have been mainly fending for themselves. Can I just say I LOVE having older kids who can make a sandwich and get their own breakfast? The baby is sleeping right now on my lap. I have been freecycling some things out and cleaning out drawers. Laundry is finally all caught up and lunch bags are started for the kiddos for tomorrow. It's a nice lazy day here.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It was warmer here today, in the mid 40's and some sunshine. Sure is slushy and muddy.I went to the gym and signed up for a class in cardio kickboxing.Also did weights. Took all three dogs to the groomers for baths, washed their bedding and bought them all new pet pillows.Getting ready to finish up supper, then later tonight I want to pick out some pecans and watch the tube. Hope you all had a great day!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Day 2 of vegetarian eating is complete. I'm not feeling at all deprived but my ...ummmm.....digestive system....is rebelling a little bit. I also successfully had a no-spend day today.

I had to work late tonight but was able to bring my daughter to hang out with me. The staff had fun giving her all sorts of desserts and treats and she had fun eating them! :)

All in all, a great day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.