Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy first Miserly Monday of the year everyone!

Today I am doing laundry and cleaning the house. I do have to run to the grocery store and pick up a box of Washing Soda so I can finish making my laundry soap. But that should be the only money I spend, aside from paying the electric bill and gas bill.

Gonna try to spend this week getting everything cleaned and go through stuff to put up for sale on craigslist and ebay.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sounds like today is laundry day!

I made homemade muffins today and I am doing some laundry also.

I paid the electric, trash, and auto ins bills today but all 3 came to less than $200. which isn't bad! It has been great not having to use a/c or heat. We have been wearing a snuggie when we get cold and have extra blankets on the beds. When it gets hot we use the fans. I may have to get gasoline before the weekend, but other than that I am going to try to spend nothing this week. I am caught up on January's bills until later in the month.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Today is our last day of break before reality hits tomorrow. And folks, it's gonna be ugly! I slept in until 8, and it hurt to get up then! I usually get up at 6:15. Ish.

So, today will be spent finishing up on laundry and getting our clothing organized for the upcoming week.

I also need to plan for ds' birthday. He turns 10 on Wednesday, so I need to purchase some gifts as well as keep planning for his party on Saturday. We are doing a Harry Potter themed party, which should be a lot of fun!

I am off to jump on the treadmill. I walked 1.5 miles yesterday, so that's a start! :)

-Vanessa

·
Registered
99 Posts
returned cookie supplies

I was talking with my sister in law yesterday and we both agreed that this was the year to loase some weight. I alredy had browines the the oven and I started thinking about the stuff I got at the store for the next two weeks. Some of these incleded brown sugar, crisco stick bars for baking, and chocolate chips. I only had $9 left in my food budget for the next two weeks and needed to buy more eggs. So I decided that fruit would be fine for sweets and returned the cookie supplies and got the eggs and have 4 more dollars in my envelope, totaling $13.

I just want to point out that this is huge for me. In the past I would have just left the cookie supplies in the cabinet instead of returning them.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well, I'm sitting here procrastinating - have tons to do today and am excited about getting it done, but just am enjoying sitting and relaxing while I rev up my engine. Today I'm taking down/putting away Xmas decor, cleaning, doing laundry and maybe doing some other project stuff if I still have energy left.

·
Registered
460 Posts
we also return to reality tomorrow. Work and school so we are having a low key day at home today. I am going to get a few things done around the house then run to Aldi for a few things.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I think we're doing another lazy day here - yesterday was mine. I declared no chores were to be done on New Years day and DH declared today HIS day so nothing big going on here - just R&R Ya know, I'm perfectly OK with this. :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I've made 3 dz banana nut muffins and now have some chicken breasts baking (with just salt, pepper, and garlic powder) to shred and freeze for a couple recipes later.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Thought I was going to grocery store today but forgot it was a holiday today. So will be saving this week on groceries. Have more than enough to last me until next week.

Went to CVS and use my extra bucks to purchase medicine, shampoo, and dish liquid. With extra bucks and coupons only paid $7.00.

Even though you can feel the cold setting in outside the sun is shinning so have the curtains open to enjoy the sun. Tomorrow will keep them closed to keep the heat in.

Paid bills.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Still trying to to organize the kitchen, lacking the energy.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Woke up and had my coffee. Read a couple of chapters of my book. Made DH breakfast. Went to work and finished everything by noon and came home. Have a migraine, but managed to put the beef stew in the crockpot for dinner. I am going to make a ham and potato casserole later today for tomorrow's' dinner. If feeling better, going to upload pictures to my school webpage. Students come back to school tomorrow and then the hard work begins.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Up early and packed dh lunch with hot soup sandwich and muffin turning very chilly here in Nj after being on a weather honeymoon got some clothes in the washer and some in dryer and then went off to work till 2.00 came home went and hit the sales at shoprite now cooking a pork roast for dinner gonna clean up kitchen hit the shower and relax working again tommorrow have a great evening everyone

·
19,119 Posts
Caught an early flight home - love it when it's a nonstop and avoids tha layover in Honolulu!! Only stopped to pick up soft tacos and Taco Bell which will be dinner and lunch for the next four days - along with whatever else I can find here.

Will be doing meal planning today based on sales of course.

Organizing all the craft supplies needed for my Valentines' swaps - will only be using what I have on hand.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Reality is coming on Sat. morning when my winter guest of 4 months leaves....I am ready!!! Can't wait! It's been a longggggggggggggg four months!!!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Procrastinated all morning on getting stuff done, but finally got going in early afternoon. Of course things always take longer than expected, so I didn't get any cleaning done. But I did take down the rest of the indoor and outdoor Xmas stuff, do four loads of laundry including changing bed linens, picked up and put away stuff throughout the entire house and did general tidying, took out a chicken to cook tomorrow, ran a load of dishes in the dishwasher. Well, I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll get more done then. But house is feeling great with all the Xmas clutter put away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts