Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TIme for me to get back into my regular cleaning routine. We are down one car so we are limping along trying to get three people to work. Dinner tonight will be black eyed peas and rice.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning,
Well, we are starting off the new school year with a bang. DS woke up at 2:30 and threw up on my floor. I don't know if he willed himself to do so, as he was so bummed to have to go back to school today, but it worked. So no work and no school for him. And now I'm exhausted from having my sleep majorly disrupted. I am foreseeing a nap after I get the girls off to school.

Tomorrow is ds's bday, and wouldn't you know that I was going to do all of the shopping for it today? It figures! So I plan on going to town after I get the girls home from school so that my oldest can watch ds. He's almost 9, so he's not a baby, but I will still feel better with her home.

When not sleeping and lounging, I will finish up the laundry I didn't get done yesterday, and then the laundry that he threw up on. Ish. I also need to mop my floors, and if I'm feeling really ambitious, I will stack and put away my Christmas totes that are spread out all over downstairs.

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
4,028 Posts
Woke at 230am.... decided instead of lying in bed till I fall back asleep, I'll be productive then return to bed when I'm ready. So, I made a double batch of PB Granola in the wee hours and went back to bed at 5am.

I got back on Spark People to calculate my intake and hopefully start losing these pounds I put back on. (Granola isn't going to help! LOL)

The plan is run some errands, clean a home then come home and work on clearing the front room of all the things we unpacked from our trip to the in laws. If I still have steam I start undecorating.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good Morning! I am tired! I worked an odd and unusual shift last night at work. 6 pm to 2 am. I work in a craft/fabric store and we moved fabric for spring all night long. It's a work out in itself! I got home about 2:15 am and within minutes my daughter (who has a horrible cold) woke up. So, I had no choice but to stay up with her until she fell asleep again. I've gotten about four hours of sleep. Tonight I work again at 7 pm until with weee hours of the morning again. I wonder when I'll get some sleep.

Good news, I'm still motivated around here though. We'll see how much I get done. I am not going to be hard on myself if I don't get all I want done though.

I hope all has a wonderful day!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good morning girls. I got up late,7:30, compared to nessa, and Ceashels.:D I hope your son is much better tomorrow Vanessa. Ceashels, thanks for the reminder, I'm on Spark People and it really worked when I stuck with it. I need to get back on there. I'm finishing my coffee, I made a call to DH's doctor and rescheduled his appointment for tests this morning, someone forgot he was suppose to be fasting last night. I need to walk to the post office and mail some bills, fold some clothes, do some dishes, read, enjoy the sunshine, figure our totals for 2010 debt challenge and hopefully get them posted. Dinner will be easy, left over spaghetti and garlic bread. Hope you day is a good one everyone.

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
Weird series of events started my day. Hubby was looking out the window and asked where the cat was. Out was my answer. He then showed me that there was a fox outside stalking a neighbors black cat. Cat crossed over in front of my house and found our cat in back. Black at chased mine (who was minding her own business in her own yard) and then the fox went after both cats who then ran high up in a tree that is poised over the higher running creek. Hubby went for his gun but I yelled at the fox & clapped my hands it stood there looking at me then ran away. After that I yelled at the black cat and it came down the tree & headed in the opposite direction of the fox. Took a while but we coaxed our cat down and she didn't fall into the water. Crazy scene, in hindsight I wish I didn't scare the fox away it may have been rabid. wasn't foamy or anything but was kind of mangy and should have been more scared of me and to be out in the daylight so brazenly is another problem.

Then a bit later a pretty sight, there was this sunbeam coming thru the spruce trees in the woods and all sparkly inside of it was a fine mist of snow. Couldn't really see the snow outside of that small bright path. Oh so pretty. :dust:

Well I'll be off to the library and grocery store this afternoon. Library doesn't open til 2 today. I asked dh if he wanted to go fully expecting him to say no but he said maybe. :thud: He doesn't like the library or the grocery store much. Hope he comes.:)

Not sure what's for dinner, going to pick up something at the store, marked down of coarse. My list isn't too long but we're out of staples so it's time. Sure is nice finally having a grocery store out here in the middle of nowhere.

Nice fire going and the furnace is set low and probably won't kick on. Layers and something on your feet make it pretty cozy.

Hope you all have a nice day without anything chasing you,lol.

How's your cat Andrea?
Hope your son feels better soon Vanessa.

Reactions: acox68

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good Morning all.
My first day back at work for the New year. It was so cold when I had to cross the yard to start my bus; at least it was warm when I was ready to leave. Now its time for me to go to the cafeteria..DH and DD are still off work so its really hard for me to leave..DS is at school I want to crawl back into bed.
I have paid a few bills this morning but didn't want to make any noise so I didn't clean..(at least that my excuse) LOL
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Good Morning all.
Trying to get laundry and some housework done today.
Had company all weekend. Also need to clean the carpets today.
It was raining all weekend and the carpets look a little dingy.
Going to clean out the chicken coop this afternoon if I have time before I start cooking dinner.
Paid the water bill this morning. Nothing too exciting going on today.

·
Registered
128 Posts
First day back at the paid gig for me, too. I was off for 9.5 days so I can't really complain.

My to do is to find my desk and get things moving here. Then it's home for dinner (meatball stew in the crockpot) and off to a fire dept. board meeting.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Bright and sunny here, not too cold - that I know of :lol: Haven't been outside yet. DF is currently watching tv and exercising his healing broken ankle, dad's all super cozy upstairs watching tv and I'm curled up on the couch with the computer.

Dishwasher has been unloaded and slowly being filled back up as the day goes on. Breakky has come and gone...pondering lunch soon and thinking about what we should have for dinner.

Need to run some errands later - mostly grocery store I guess b/c we need a few staples as well - Hey Darlene, wanna pick up mine while you're out later this aftn with DH? I just wanna stay in the house and in my jammies :toothy:

Not sure how the day will pan out - DF starts work tomorrow...just not sure what time so we'll be trying to go to bed early tonight....yeah...right after I watch 'The Bachelor'. Bwahahaha.

·
27,948 Posts
What ya need Libby? Might take me a while to get it to ya, prob won't have it in time for dinner so maybe you going would be better. Go ahead & wear your jammies, ever notice how many goofballs do just that? Not that you are a goofball just saying if ya wanna.:D

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've been cleaning and throwing out stuff all morning. I just sat down to watch Dogs101 and have a Ham, cheese, tomato sandwich on wheat with a diet coke. =D Now I need to sweep, mop, and declutter the dinning room (more of a catch all than a usable room for us).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon all!

I'm SO tired today.....I think the stress of going to the vet yesterday took its toll. I slept until 11 a.m. this morning! I go back to work tomorrow, so I'm thankful for one more day off from work!

Darlene, Casey seems to be feeling better...thank you for asking about him. He finally came to me to be petted yesterday after being mad at me for HOURS. LOL He snuggled up to my leg and it was SO sweet. He took his pill in a pill packet today with a little tricking. At first I gave him the pill packet by itself and he snubbed it. So, I added his other treats with it, gave the dog his treats too, and Casey snarfed it all up.

DH and I are going to go get new tires on my vehicle today and while they are putting the tires on, we'll do some grocery shopping. Not a Miserly Monday here. UGH.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day....and gets some rest!!!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Well today is far going pretty well. Went grocery shopping, ate all the leftovers from yesterday. Kept telling myself I will start eating right tomorrow. lol Now waiting to go to an appointment. The place is nice and clean from the weekend. Hopefully I will start on a new weekly cleaning schedule since my schedule has changed.

During the holidays I basically vegged out. Really needed to since I was starting to feel really burned out. It was fun to get together and see people I enjoy being around.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Good Afternoon I've been busy doing laundry and I took the dog for a walk, ate lunch now relaxing. Need to feed the birds and get the mail and make dinner & Iron dh's work pants. Have a great Monday all!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today has been a pretty good Monday so far. I have ham warming in the oven for dinner & in about 15 minutes I will be making the sides to go with it.

Iwent to kohls this afternoon to spend a $50.00 gift card and $12.00 credit from a return. I was looking for kitchen items, but found none. So I decided to go check out the baby clothes as this little bean does not have any!! and he will be here in about 10 weeks. I was able to score 2outfits, 4 shirts & 2 pants for $61.00 I saved $75.00!! OH YEAH!

This morning I was able to put the second coat of paint on the ceiling & the upper half of the wall in his room. Tomorrow I should be able to paint 2 coats on the bottom &then once dry DH is going to put up the border & the trim. Then I might be able to get my house back in order.

Tonight is just catching up on the never ending pile of laundry,and vegging out. Im getting to the point where my energy is not that great again!

DD returns to school tomorrow so I am hoping to get a lot done while she is there.

Andrea so glad your cat is feeling more frisky!!

Have a great evening everyone!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
did laundry, straightened kitchen, lugged big bins of xmas stuff to the third floor, went to yoga, had an energy audit here this AM, did homework w/ dd, fed her dinner, now to give her a shower and off to bed for her! relaxing time for mom.

i also grocery shopped for fresh fruit and veggies today. ran a few errands, picked up dd's RX for yet another sinus infection, put away 2 baskets of clean laundry, sorted dirty laundry, it just feels like today just needs to end

·
Registered
942 Posts
DH had another day off from work today so we used it to get some chores done around the house. He helped me clean the front porch and move some furniture around. We are trying to get organized around here and get rid of clutter. It will be an ongoing process.

Made Brunswick Stew from the leftover Pork Butt we had on Saturday, and a loaf of the One-Hour French Bread that is sooo good. Hoping to be able to spend the evening relaxing and crocheting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.