Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhhh, the last day of January! In a nutshell, I didn't stick to my budget. There were lots of expenses that I don't normally have. However, on the plus side, I paid a large dentist bill upfront and paid for ds' birthday OOP. Woo-hoo, no credit cards! I am focused and ready to stick to my budget in February! Wish me luck! :thumb:

I've got the fire started this morning, and it's a cold one out there! It's currently sitting at -4 without the wind chill. I had oldest dd sleep in my room with me last night as her room gets WAY too cold. And if she's ever going to get rid of this cold, it's best to keep her warm! Hoping it goes away, but I'm seeing a trip to the pediatrician in our plans for the week. Poor kid...

Today is work for me as usual. I should go to the store on my lunch break, but I'm going to refrain and make it a no-spend day. I plan on taking a book and eating my lunch in the breakroom. Wow, haven't done that in MONTHS. How sad is that?!?

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

-Vanessa

·
19,119 Posts
Nessa - love your focus - February will certainly be a great month for you!! I cannot believe the weather you all are being hit with on the mainland - what a crazy winter - think I'd have to hibernate!!

Full week of school here - no holidays, no trainings - how strange.

Lunch is packed. Have no idea what's for dinner - we'll be creative again!!
This afternoon I'm going to load some boes of books in my car and deliver them to a friend. If the weather is warm enough I am going to do some pool exercises.

I have to finish the shirt alterations - wonder why I'm procrastinating since they are already basted? In any event - they'll get done today.

Working on my V-day exchange goodies - more like an extended card than a real gift - but it's fun and only nine more to go.

Have a great Monday everyone!!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
It is sunny and cold here. I am indulging by opening up the windows here to let the light in. As soon as the sunbeams are no longer coming in the window the windows are getting closed.

Have three loads in the dryers. Forced myself to get the laundry done since who knows what kind of weather we will be getting the next two days and trudging to the laundry room can be difficult. Later on will get myself outside to do some laps around the parking lot. Need to get some sunshine to beat the dreary winter weather.

nessarowdy, hope you can keep to the budget in February. It can be difficult at times. Right now I am determined not to spend anything until I receive my check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.