Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone well dh is off to work with lunchbox and theroms of hot soup Ds is off to college dogs are feed and cleaned up after and I have already been to the dump twice. I loaded a bag of clothes and curtains in the car and will drop them off at the donation house for our local parish. Then its on to the supermarket to get some needed groceries. I have to hit the bank this afternoon and then the rest of the day is mine . Its chilly here in Nj this morning I hope to get a walk in sometime today. Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Today I don't open the store so I am going to catch up on some house stuff:

3 loads of laundry
Put away DD9's laundry since it is still on the floor from last week
Yell scream and threaten DD9 since her laundry was left on the floor all week
Work on new website for store
Pay bills with imaginary wages
Tidy up main floor of the house
Cook a nice roast with potatoes and carrots for dinner

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't post here often but in looking through these threads I think it'll help to structure my day if I start jumping in ;) I love reading frugal village and would love to be a more active member.

So today I am fighting an urge to go shopping (we are buying a house and the closing is next week--Im brain decorating and want to shop SOOO bad!) .

Going to start packing up the rooms we don't use often (living room surprisingly!).

All the old paperwork (old bills, reciepts, manuals etc) are going to be sorted so we can burn what we don't need.

Summer clothes are finally going to get packed away.

I am going to make a beef stew in the crockpot so I can not stress over dinner once the kids get home and I am still cleaning/packing/organizing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Happy Monday everyone! It's very cold here this morning, 20 degrees. I am off work until Friday so I am catching up on the housework. I need to go out later for a loaf of bread, I am tired of making my own for the moment!

I have chicken thawing in the fridge for dinner tonight. I also need to get a menu going for this week.

Have a wonderful day and week!

·
Registered
742 Posts
So far this morning I have gone for a walk, paid bills, and read my Bible.
After my DH leaves for work, I am going to clean the bathrooms and take a shower.
I also need to run a few errands this morning and then I will spend the rest of day unpacking and setting up the house.
This evening I will cook dinner, watch TV and knit.

·
19,119 Posts
Iwant2BDebtfree - glad that you joined us!! I love starting the day with this thread.

Daisygirl - love your list!! My very proper grandmother was so irritated with my grandfather when he wouldn't put his underwear in the laundry hamper that she nailed the underwear to the floor - that cured him!! Not suggesting you do that with DD, but your listings made me think of that possibility!!

I have three parent teacher conferences after school so won't be getting home until later. Today I am going to recover from the wonderful weekend - new class all day Saturday and then soccer tournament on Sunday!!

Need to catch up on laundry
Work on my ornaments for the exchange
and borrowed from Daisygirl - pay bills with imaginary money!! Love that idea!!

Have a wonderful MOnday all!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Mauimagic- nailing his underwear to the floor is the single greatest thing I've heard in a long time - FABULOUS!!!

I'm just getting up after my overnight shift.
Need to shower and get some magical zombie elixir of life in me (black, two splendas)
Finish up some leftover bookwork from yesterday
Prep some potatoes for dinner
Take DS to Drivers' Ed - go to the gym while he's there
Hit Walmart for one item for dinner
Study for my Case Management final exam
Watch some of my DVR Monty Python from this weekend

So thankful the sun is shining today, and it's going to be a bit warmer this week. I'm tired of gray and rain!!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Cleaned the living room, and swept and mopped in the kitchen & hallway. :va:

Cleaned up the deck and swept the leaves off---it is covered again already and it's been only 2 hours. :ache: LOL!

Took a walk--about 1-1/2 miles. :thumb:

Knitting--working on socks for my Mom.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey guys!!!

My home is actually presentable!!! LOL I am sitting here trying to plan a holiday party and listening to the lull of the tv. My child is at vaulting practice and then he and his dad are scooting over to BoyScouts! I have the whole house to myself! I love the break! I am going to start dinner soon (Stroganoff)!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Late getting to the keyboard today. Got so much done. We cleaned out the laundry room, kitchen and fridge. Sorted a large box that we had gathered from the dining room and front room. Ironed DHs work clothes. Vac'd the first floor. Hit CVS and Walgreens for things to add to the stockpile. Ready to relax tonight.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
....and I'm later than tigo.:rolleyes: My work schedule has changed and I'm now working M-F 8-4 which I haven't worked in over 2 years. I gotta say I love coming home when the sun is still shining. I'll miss the overtime but hopefully this won't last long. We are slowing down a little after 1 1/2 years of non-stop orders. I fixed dinner and sent hubby on his way to work. I have a few dishes to wash and then I'll read my Bible and go to bed. It was a beautiful day here and it's going to be nicer tomorrow.

Cat

·
Registered
204 Posts
Work, make chicken enchiladas and eat homemade cookies. nothing to spend money on, I work at home so no gas even spent.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Today was a beautiful sunny fall day. Warm temps! I took the mule in and gassed her up, stopped by the bank, the post office, the feed store, and took my neighbor his mail.I made some semi home made soap, it turned out great., I just need to cut it, wrap it, and store it up for a few months!I also tried to knock cobwebs out of the windows on the outside lower level. I had to drag out the ladder, but got it done.Went to swim, came home, had supper. I am giving up on DH and going to bed.I need sleep!!! Hope you all had a good day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts