Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:coffee3: Good morning, does anybody else have a candy hangover?!?

Should be interesting in about 5 minutes when I start waking the kids up! We stayed out later than usual to get some extra trick-or-treating in, and the kids had a blast! We had awesome weather, which is crazy for the mountains of Montana this time of year!

Today is my day off from work. Thank goodness, I didn't get anything done that I wanted to yesterday as dh declared it wood-cutting Sunday. Grrr, I missed part of my football game! lol SO....

Today I need to head to Walmart after I drop the kids off. I am going in with a co-worker to purchase a large sub sandwich for our office potluck tomorrow, and I was told that Walmart is the most reasonable. After that I plan on browsing the Halloween leftovers as ds wants to have a monster themed birthday party in January. At home, I just need to de-clutter. It amazes me how the ENTIRE house gets messy when I don't stay on top of it. :(

Have a wonderful first day of November!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
64 Posts
good morning :coffee3: that was weird having to write November on one of my checks this morning....where did the year go?? Thanksgiving CAN'T be in 3 weeks, it seems like the kids just went back to school :scratch:

I have to clean the kitchen today since I didn't get to it yesterday. I caught up the laundry this morning and even got all of it folded and put away :thumb: I have to run to Kroger and see what else they are marking down since they are closing this month and pay a couple of bills while I am out. will take ds to work out at the baseball complex later.

I am determined to keep my heat off for at least another week, so to warm up the house a bit I will make meatloaf for dinner and bake a pumpkin pie.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is chilly this morning, supposed to be cool today. I lit a fire downstairs in the fireplace this morning- first one this year!I am getting ready to walk with a friend, then I have a hair appointment. I am going to try to find a new sweeper, the upstairs one is completely shot.I want a small rolling cannister model and am having trouble finding one,plus I do not want a bagless, so having some trouble finding what I want.Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good morning everyone!

DH will be busy in the shop today and I will give him a hand once I run DFIL to the bank and pick up his scratch tickets. LoL. I hope to find a chance to run to the library and Walmart (for candy deals) today too. Will have to wait and see how crazy it gets around here!

Have a great November 1st everyone! :)

·
27,948 Posts
Goodmorning! No candy here so no hangover,lol.
I had a nice walk to the PO already this am, it was a bit nippy at 31º but invigorating. Highlight of the trip, I found a shiny quarter, heads up in the middle of nowhere. I love surprises like that.
I've done some dishes & made the bed. Time to go get a second cuppa in just a min. Not much going on, Dh is in charge of dinner & since this is my b'day dinner(a day early lol) I get to pick the menu. I would have loved some shrimp but it's not in the budget this month so I'll go with another favorite, Spaghetti with sausage. I'd pick sausage (sweet Italian) over meatballs any day. So happy ds & dd can be here, it's rarely just the 4 of us but tonight's the night. :thumb:

So glad tomorrow is election day. I hope things move the way I want and can't wait for the ads & signs to be GONE. Eye & ear pollution is what it all is.

Oh, I had to laugh when I got the mail today, guess who found me? AARP. They sure didn't waste any time wanting me to join. Never going to happen if you know how I lean politically etc.. ;) Made me laugh.... me a so called Senior Citizen HA! :crackup:

Hope you all have a day full of shiny surprises.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love the 1st of the month!

I love the first of every month. I wiork in sales and so it is a fresh start to meeting the monthly quota and trying to get ahead! Let's make the most of it--happy monday everyone!:coffee3:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Good morning :)

DH left last night for Edmonton, so it's me and the kids holding down the fort here for a while. The house is a mess! Last night was fun, though. I got to watch a zombie show before bed, but I miss DH horribly.

Today's clean up day. I have a lot of laundry to put away and the kitchen's sort of in a disarray, so that's gotta be done. We have LOTS of leftover candy, so I need to hide that from the kids. DS7 has his own stash and DS12 can't eat any at all.

Have a good day! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Today my goal is to try and get a good solid 7 hours of billable time in today at my job. I am also aiming for a no-spend day today, so I brought my lunch in to work and dbf and I will have some quick left-overs before we head to the Bulls vs. Trailblazers basketball game tonight. Our goal is to not spend any money at the game (tickets were free).

Yesterday we went over our budget for the month of November and I think my frugal ways are starting to rub off on dbf! We do a monthly budget together (food, household items, utilities, etc) but we don't combine finances so he can spend his money on whatever he wants and I can do the same with my money....as long as we contribute to our budget. We won't be combining finances until marriage (lesson learned for me in last relationship)! Anyway, this morning he was talking about a couple of different ways he wants to try and reduce some of his personal monthly bills by canceling the NYT subscription of $30/month and selling his $600 android phone and buying a cheap $20 phone and reducing his plan coverage for a cheaper monthly bill....I can't help but smile....I am so proud of him! :fdance:

Anyway, so a pretty mellow day for me today! I hope everybody has a great Monday!

·
19,119 Posts
Good Morning everyone!! Nov. 1 means back to work for me and I am so ready!!

Have one report that I need to get out today, but other than that work will be as usual with my preschoolers.

After school I need to head to the bank and peprhaps to the other side to turn in the report - would rather not - too much gas and then there is a challenge of being sucked into sales on candy I really don't need!! Okay - you've convinved me - I'll be pouching the report!!

If the weather holds, I'll be at the pool this afternoon exercising and socializing!!

Have a great Monday and Darlene - enjoy your company and your special birthday meal!!

Reactions: Darlene

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
It's a sunny cool crisp day here. I am taking a coffee break right now.

I am washing our bedding and will throw it back on the bed. I am also washing towels (2 loads) and clothes--I figure 4 loads more.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
oooops...

I pushed submit before I was done.

Also trying to get back in the FLYlady swing again. She has us doing dining room and foyer and front porch (entryway). I am going to be doing Kelly's mission and sweep my front porch and shake out rugs, and wipe down the front door inside and out. Tadaaaa!:thumb:

My dining room has 3 boxes I am filling with various donation items. I don't know how I'm gonna clean in there.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It was a cool morning here, but got the kiddos off to school with no problems. Chores got done and I ran some errands. I promised my cousin to run her on an errand, I wish she'd offer to pay for gas.....sigh. Picked up ds, picked up my 2nd layway from KMART which I'll be wrapping tonight after I get home from school. I'm almost done! Yay! Started my 3rd layaway, included a baby swing for the new baby.

I have class tonight, so I'm vegging a little before that. Kids are in their pjs and about to get everyone fed, so they are good to go when the sitter gets here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.