Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up early today, I never sleep well when I have things on my mind and was up at 5 for good when the cat & dog wanted out. I then tried to get the fire going, I stink at fires but with dh gone for the night I had to do it. After a bit I did win and the fire is humming along. I'm a little smoky but I won, lmao. :toothy:
Heading to the shower soon and need to walk the dog if hubby won't be home soon. We need to leave for the surgery about 10:30 I guess. Joy. As I get older I'm less go-with-the-flow about this kinda stuff and hate that I'm being a baby about it. Buck up Babe!
Not much else going on, just playing it by ear. Have to spend $ today, $100 co-pay for the surgery and whatever the pain meds cost. Not going to complain though, at least I have insurance.

Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning, I have a lot of my plate this morning. I need to start laundry, iron, pay bills and balance checkbook, type up meeting minutes and go to work. It's raining here so hopefully I won't get a lot of distractions.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This is a Miserly Monday for me. I'm still sick with a cold.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Praying that your surgery will be a piece of cake this morning, Darlene!

I, too, tried to start a fire this morning, but I was unsuccessful. Maybe I was a little impatient, lol, because after a few minutes, I hightailed it upstairs to finish getting ready. Sigh, this thrifty business is time consuming! lol

The kids and I went to bed SUPER early last night. How marvelous! I'm hoping they will be refreshed and ready to go this week for another jam-packed schedule.

Today, I have work and the kids have school. I switched my day off to Thursday due to the kids always being sick in the winter, and then I have to miss more than 1 day of work per week. This way if they are sick earlier in the week, then I'll just work on Thursday. It won't be as fun to have a 3 day weekend, but I'll adjust!

I think I'll take a longer lunch break today, I have a ton of errands. It's supposed to snow this week, and of course DS's boots are too small. So that is top priority. I also need to call the bowling alley to see if they are available this Saturday for dd2's birthday party. (Can we say procrastinate?!?) If so, then I will mail the invites I haphazardly threw together last night. lol Then I need to run to Target and grab some odds and ends, mostly for school lunches. I didn't go grocery shopping this past weekend with all my company here, and I won't have enough supplies to last thru the week.

Our only activity tonight is dd1's crochet club with her 4H group after school. Hooray, no running late at night, what a treat!

Have an awesome day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Good luck with the surgery, Darlene!

I will be going downtown today to the courthouse to see about getting a form filled out in probate, so we can get my dad's money out of the bank. It's not much, but will help with the cost of his funeral.

On the way, I will drop off some donated stuff at the women's shelter.

Then I will continue to clean out cupboard, drawers, and closets.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I found some good buys at the walmart on east side of town yesterday so this morning going try hit the one one on west side town to see what they have you would think they have the same but don't always some time one has things the other one don't and some time the prices is different. Then i have got to bake some muffins do some things get ready for Thanksgiving.Hope everone has a good day.

·
19,119 Posts
good morning, up early too - the sky is just starting to lighten up from the pitch black outside!!

Darlene - prayers and aloha for your surgery today - am so glad that you are getting it out of the way and can be on your way to recovery!!

Lots to do in my little world today so I best be going!! Have a great MOnday everyone!!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Well, got my grocery shopping done and one preset down for x-mas. Just need one more present and I should be done for the holidays.

Unless work decides to do something which I am praying they do not.

Need to still pickup around here and get more organized. Will probably make another batch of oatmeal cookie dough today. Then freeze it in logs to bake later on.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Darlene - good on yas for getting it over with :cheergrl:

I'm hoping to get the crockpot pork chops going soon so we can have a dinner LOL and fold laundry, pay bills online and clean both bathrooms. I have a friend coming over tonight so hopefully all that gets done PLUS helping DF hobble around the house and trying to make him as comfy as possible.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is sunny and warmer- in the low 60's. Was a good day to run errands. Went to the gym, the bank, the cleaners and the store. Just getting home, having a snack and getting ready to do pet chores and change linens.Gonna rev up the mule and haul some wood for the fireplaces and then start supper.May try to sort thru the junk drawer . Hope you are having a super day!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Got up early. Went shopping and picked up some Christmas gifts. Deep cleaned DFiL's bedroom. Organized DS's bedroom and turned it into my gift wrapping room. :D

Laundry done, some Christmas gifts wrapped, dinner in the crockpot and house picked up.

Will work on some knitting tonight and relax in front of the tube.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Wow everyone is so productive today!
No spend day for me. Went to work. Came home. Doing laundry and prepping dinner. One plan that's set in stone for tonight: watch "Chuck" my favorite show!
Early sleep would also be great. Have a good evening!

·
Registered
209 Posts
This has been a miserly Monday for sure.....packed my lunch and ate dinner @ home. I didn't spend a penny!

I did do a lot of number crunching today during my lunch hour and figured out how much we would need to put aside each check to take a trip out to Portland next summer. We are hoping to move there in a few years and DH wants to go to law school there while I finish out my work years until retirement. So, we will need to get to know the area and figure out where he will live during the school year. Of course there are many variables and unknowns at this point.

Darlene, I'm sure by now you are resting and glad it is all over with. HUGS!

Well, I have homework to do, laundry to finish, and a load of dishes to run....

Later taters!

Andrea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.