Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The start of a busy week for sure!! For me the holidays are officially strting - how about you?

Fortunately I get to spend most of my days with my preschoolers - now that's a great way to spend a day in my opinion!! We are making calendars for their parents' Christmas presents - so they will be busy decorating the pages as I take more pictures to be sure to have enough!!

Have a doctor's appt. after school - am not sure which joint he is looking at today!! Am going to see if I can fit in a quick shop at K or W mart before picking up my DH from the airport.

Hope your Monday works well for you - no matter what you are planning!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
The house is getting cleaned up from the weekend!! Was planning on going to the store for the few ingredients I need for Thurs.(wasn't going to wait until the last minute) but DH was kind enough to pick those up tonight.

I doubt I will leave the house and should be a mellow day. :) Just routine stuff. I had enough shopping for awhile. :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Monday comes around WAY too fast for me!!

Well I'm currently trying to get a fire going, but it's being stubborn and I'm being lazy. I was very good this weekend keeping it running, though. The only time the furnace kicked on all weekend was around 4 in the morning when the fire went out. And it was below 0 all weekend. Right now it's hovering just under that, so I KNOW I need to start it. It's crazy when I'm excited to see my power bill in the winter! lol

With that said, I had 2 of my 3 kids sleeping in my room last night. My oldest dd's room is always freezing when it's super cold out, so she opted to sleep with me last night. Then ds decided it was a sleepover, so we blew up an air mattress and put him and his 30 blankets on that. Hope they slept well, I didn't with all those extra noises in my bedroom! lol

Today is work for me and school for the kiddos. On my lunch break I need to go to the bank and deposit a check that I've had since October. Then it's off to Petco to see if they sell Belly Bands for boy dogs. Our dogs have been marking EVERYTHING, and I'm sick of it. Someone suggested them, so I'm desperate and will try anything!

No activities tonight except for right after school until 4:30 for dd1 for her 4H crocheting club. I'm so proud of how far she has come with that!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
904 Posts
So Yesterday afternoon my plan was to get a small turkey breast today at the store and cook that Thursday along with stuffing (already have) sweet potatoes (already have) and rolls (from scratch). Was also going to make a Pumpkin and Choc pie (already have everything and of course from scratch).

BF called yesterday evening to say that his friend invited us to their house for a pot luck Thanksgiving and really wants us to come. BF decided that he wants to bring a Honey Baked Ham. He is going to pay for it, but I have to go pick it up at the store today. $70 for a 10 lb ham!!!!! at least I don't have to buy the turkey.

Still going to make the Rolls and pies though, not until Thursday morning.

·
27,948 Posts
We had a wonderful time last night at Dd's for dinner, I forgot that she had us over for Turkey last year :blush: but it wasn't the "big" dinner, lol so technically this was her first year hosting the bunch of us together. :toothy: Besides appetizers we had the bird, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, squash, corn, cranberry sauce, dressing (her fiance's grandfathers special secret recipe with mashed potatoes in it along with sausage, bread and not sure what else. I've never had anything like it & boy it was good!), pumpkin pie and these cute little candies. The candy was a rolo candy and pecan half atop a small square pretzel and heated slightly to soften the rolo. The combo of the salty and sweet was really nice and they were easy to do. Little treat for you to make for the holidays if you want.;)

Today I'm going to keep my foot up more. Yesterday too much time was spent at the table without being able to keep it up & it was not happy. You play, you pay, lol.

I've got some laundry drying on the racks upstairs and I've emptied the dishwasher thus far and going to hop in the shower soon. Love having this boot thing I can slip over my foot to keep the water off so I can shower. I try to go quick because the top fitting is snug (as it should be) and kinda uncomfortable. All kinds of info you could care less about I'm sure. :toothy:
Staying home and reading fireside seems like a good plan today, hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Ho hummmm. I'm bored to tears right now. I'm waiting for my ENT office to call me back to schedule my CTscan so I can then schedule my surgery. DH is asleep so I have to be quiet and the house is all cleaned up! I guess I could work on th office some more, ick I'm sick of that already. I don't watch daytime tv, I don't have any jigsaw puzzles to work, and it's dreary outside. I think I'll have a pity party and you gals are all invited. Darlene I'll have my driver pick you up so you can stay off that foot.:wink:

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
I need that shower first Cat 'bout a 1/2 hour ok? Lots of jigsaw puzzles online.;) Pity party won't help, do your nails, read a book, play in the arcade here.
Hope you get your CT & surgery set up soon and feel better.:smted:

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I need that shower first Cat 'bout a 1/2 hour ok? Lots of jigsaw puzzles online.;) Pity party won't help, do your nails, read a book, play in the arcade here.
Hope you get your CT & surgery set up soon and feel better.:smted:
1/2 hour it is then. I like doing 1000 pc puzzles. I did one the other day in about 8 hours. Yes I did get up once in awhile for other things. My nails are short, I'm not much for arcade but may try that. However..... DH got up a few minutes ago to grab something to drink so I hurried up and grabbed my Bible, a book and some paperwork off of my nightstand so I do have something to occupy my time for awhile. This thing called layoff is only cool the first week, after that...thppp. Get me back to work.

Cat

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Turkey roasting for Thursday. I'll carve and freeze.
Gave 7 and 9 yo haircuts.
Staying home.
Soup for lunch.
Clothes air drying in the living room.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Yes the holidays are approaching. I keep on telling myself I can only do certain things this year and probably not what I want to do like last year.

Fortunately there are a couple free things that I will be doing.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a lot going on! I need to clean....a lot =O) Bake a cake and pie for PTO. Practice singing for a friends wedding. Make dinner. Crochet a cap and scarf. Decorate for Xmas.

A bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I need to get off my butt and outta this funk. I'm flipped over to DF's schedule and my body is having a hard time to adjust. We go to bed at 3-4am....when his pain subsides and I'm up by 9am-12noon...trying to care for dad, cooking his meals etc Generally getting my day started. I can't adjust to this.

Today's goal is to get my car looked at...parking brake is stuck and its not the handle. Need a tow up there :(

Anything above and beyond that is gravy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Monday sure got here fast lol The weekend was just a blur. My two youngest sons (first just one was moving back into the nest but now they both have) have moved back home and my bf, patient man as he is, has taken them under his wing and all three of them have been busy hanging drywall and tearing down walls and all other manner of reno type of stuff going on in my house. That being said, my once quiet and serene home is utter chaos.
So for Monday, this special day to kick off the week, I plan on trying to dust, mop, vacuum and wash what needs to be washed (floors for sure, laudnry is pretty much all caught up). We're having roast beef and all the fixings for supper tonight, hope they enjoy it because tomorrow all they're getting for supper is soup and sandwiches lol :p

Then I'm going to treat myself to a homemade facial treatment, I gave myself a manicure and pedicure last night.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good evening, all!

Just got home and had a dinner of philly cheese steak sandwiches with au jus that DH made. YUM! We found a great grocery store with less expensive, quality meats and they had super thinly sliced delmonico steak for $3.99/lb. With all of the other ingredients, it came to about $2.50 a sandwich which is a bit more pricey than we usually eat, but today it hit the spot! I saved a bit of money on the french bread by buying it at Meijer as opposed to Panera which I would have done in the past. Yay!

Went to the chiropractor after work and then went to Meijer for some last minute Thanksgiving grocery shopping. My goodness, it was crowded! All of the thanksgiving meal stuff along with 3 days worth of regular groceries came to more than I was expecting. Next week we'll be basing most of our meals from the pantry/freezer to make up for this week.

DH is feeling sick with a little cold.....hopefully, he can get the rest he needs in order to feel better by the holiday. He's making 1/2 the dinner, and his niece is making the other 1/2. I'm sure he'll be fine by then.

Have a wonderful evening!!! :)

Andrea

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.