Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

I don't know about y'all, but after the last week of visits and driving and shopping and entertaining and, and, and... I SERIOUSLY feel the need to get my frugal on! (Like when you eat salad for days after a big holiday splurge!) And this morning, so far, has NOT been a good-and-thrifty one... (drive-thru breakfast because we were running late, left my 2-liter in the car and haven't bothered to get it yet, so bought soda from the morale fund fridge.

I don't even know what I'm making for dinner tonight (just that it WON'T be turkey!!!) or what on the seemingly endless to-do list should be tackled first...

Here's hoping your day is going great and mine gets more organized as it goes along... I *NEED* my routines! :)

Happy Monday!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Gosh..I'm right there with you!
Back at work today...and have a ton of stuff to do at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I do need to go to the bank today. I may stop at Dollar Tree. I would like to get some bows for a couple of gifts.

I have two loads of laundry to do.

I'm going to dig out the Christmas box and find a few more ornaments for the tree. I have a huge container full of Hallmark ornaments. We've only had a 4ft tree for the past few years because of the dogs. Now we have an extra bedroom, so the tree is in there and I bought a new skinnier tree for $20. It needs a few more ornaments that the ones I've been using for the past couple of years.

If I get energetic enough, I'll clean out some of my dresser drawers. They are a mess.

Dinner will be a chicken stir fry. It's a recipe using swanson flavor boost. I made one last week using the beef flavor and dh really liked it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hubby is out running errands today :) He got his haircut (the man refuses to let me cut his hair, big chicken ;) ), picked up the gutter clips for hanging our Christmas lights, getting the safety inspection on his car done, and maybe picking up my "new" suv if it is done being serviced. We bought it on Wednesday (the loan in my siggy) and still don't have possession! I am getting irritated with the dealership.

I am still in my pj's watching Max and Ruby with my toddlers :D Getting ready to put them down for naps then nap myself. The big girls are back in school today after 5 days at home....it is really quiet here!

Dinner at home tonight then dh will be dragging all the Christmas decorations out of the attic and starting decorating.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm off work today so relaxing for now. I took the dog for a walk & now making suet for the birds.
It's a gloomy day here & cold in the 30's so just working around the house. Need to do more decorating. Happy Monday!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Morning!

Went in the the accountants to sign off on the business yearend...everything was great...Sophie is sick with Strep...so kept her home today and tomorrow will do the same...Kevin is home for the week and it is awesome...right now he is making bacon and eggs for breakfast...or brunch as it is almost 11am here. Have a great day!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Woke up to my cat playing with her ball and yelling. Went grocery shopping, made some coconut chocolate crumble topping. Right now the crumble is cooling off. Should be doing laundry but will wait until tomorrow. Still need to do some dusting and vacuum the place today. Still refuse to turn up the heat so have been bundled up, yesterday walked around with a down coat on.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm just glad the rest of my family is back at school/work today. I love 'em, but I am spoiled to having most of the week home alone to get things done. :)

Today, I have just put the last load of laundry in the dryer, made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and waiting on my bread dough to rise.

I put a pork loin in the slow cooker this morning for BBQ sandwiches for supper.

Downloaded some free books for my kindle. Found them on theprudentpantry.com and whatsinmybookbag.com

Have a great day!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Made a "mystery dinner" tonight. My sharpie disappeared and I keep forgetting to get a new one so nothing in my freezer is labeled. My husband and oldest daughter were not overly in love with the idea that I had no idea what I was defrosting for dinner. I could see from the outside of the bag that there was corn and black beans so I made rice to go with it. I think it was southwestern egg roll filling, at least that is what it looked like once it was all warmed up ;) Anyways it was good and we are all fed for another night :)

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
ended up taking the dog for a ride in the car and picking up chinese. The 3 people here split 1 dinner w/ extra beef rice and egg rolls. Drinks from home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts