Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, it's been awhile since I've said this, but I'm off to work this morning. I'm woking 4 days for inventory only but at least it's better than unemployment. I need to lay something out to thaw. I do have some clothes to fold when I get home but that is about it. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
Up bright and early Cat, hope your day has some interesting things thrown in to make you smile.:)

Hubby is about to get dressed and go plow, it's till snowing (I think it stopped for now but man is the wind blowing) but he'll feel better making a quick pass of things. Our cat wasn't so thrilled to go out but did for an hour. Dog won't be happy with dh out there & him not being able to be there with him. Usually Hubby getting dressed is the sign that a walk is eminent, not today, walk comes second. He's been out already so those needs have been met.
Not much up for today since we put all the decorations away for another year, nice to be back to normal though.;) Nice too to have the house all picked up & vacc'd.

So nice sitting next to the fire & hubby just made a fresh pot of coffee so I need to go get me some.:D
We'll be sticking around here today and I'm not sure what's for dinner. I'm thinking something with some pasta....I have 12 oz. of b'day shrimp that need to be used so something along those lines.

Hope you all have a warm comfy day.

Strudels:0
Mice: 2! yep one yesterday one today.Mwahaha I'll get you! Patience and a good trap & you shall be banished.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our govenor declared a state of emergency yesterday afternoon with anticipation of a blizzard predicted to dump 10-15 inches of snow on our state. I am staying in and off the road, and plan on being lazy all day. :D

Have a great Monday everyone!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I woke up this morning around 6 to Dh's boss calling to say that he's having the entire staff work from home. Dh was already out snowblowing the driveway. I went to the door to tell him and he said he was going in anyway because he thought the roads are fine and that it was hard to work from home when the kids were home. So, I'm disappointed that we could have had another day with him home, even if he had been working, but I do understand why he's going in.

Despite the fact that the snow has stopped and the roads are fine, I don't plan on going anywhere today. Nor do I plan on getting out of my jammies or having the kids get out of theirs. We'll keep ourselves busy with laundry and Wii games. Maybe a little baking and hot chocolate, as well. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning everyone. Today is laundry day along with ironing. I also need to get some errands done today as well. Stay safe and warm if you're in the northeast.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I'm gonna do a little laundry.

But mostly rest and relax---the Christmas parties take a lot out of me. I even took a nap yesterday, and I don't nap often. :baby:

·
19,119 Posts
Good morning - cannot believe the snow that the NE is getting!! Stay safe everyone!!

I am going in to teach for the next three mornings - severly challenged students who need extra help during breaks.

This afternoon I am going to start on the piles of everything in the LR and our bedroom - want to banish as many as I can before Wednesday!!

Need to stop for some food - not much here.

.....and a nap is definitely in order too!!

Have a great MOnday everyone!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
laundry, starting a fire...

a little bit of wii and getting dd's room back in order.. cleaned top to bottom yesterday but i have to remember to stay on top of it or it will go right back to where it was... so that is my day...

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Went grocery shopping. Even though the state is supposed to be under a state of emergency the van service came around to pick us up. Ended up getting cheese for really cheap.

Shoveled a tiny walkway to the parking lot. Maintenance came around and did the rest. Also did the dishes in the kitchen.

Now I have my cat on my lap purring away. The sun is shinning outside so hopefully it will help to melt the roads and sidewalks. I can hear the snow sliding off the roof.

Will probably put my cleats on my shoes and do a couple of laps around the parking lot for exercise. I was able to get a hat that goes completely over the head and has a cut out for your eyes. Should be perfect to wear. Other than that will have a pretty lazy day.

Will straighten the place up later this afternoon.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My kids have an appointment this afternoon, but beside that we are staying home. My DH went to work. I am going to work on getting the Christmas toys put away and our spare room cleaned up. Our goal is get rid of a lot clutter in the next few weeks. We are working making our house work for us. We have let stuff get out of control. This seems like the perfect to work on it.
So while the kids play with their new toys, I am going to be cleaning out the spare room that nobody wants to use.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've been cleaning and decluttering since I got up at 7 this morning.
Going to work on January's menu & budget later today.
Put some red beans & sausage in the crock pot for dinner tonight.
Also did 3 loads of laundry today.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's been a good day so far....slept in, did some cleaning, dishes and laundry. Later this afternoon I'm going to go to the chiropractor for an adjustment and to JCPenney's for a rug.

I have today and tomorrow off!!! Yahoo!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

:sun:

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Need to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors today...give the rest of the place a good vacuuming. Do dishes and a couple other chores.

Then I'll continue scanning all our family photos...been working on it the last couple weeks. I'm about 2/3 finished. I'll be SO glad when it's DONE.

Not terribly exciting...but, hopefully productive. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
doing laundry today. my sweatpants are stained from spaghetti sauce. any tips on getting it out?

·
27,948 Posts
Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
128 Posts
We missed the blizzard today, but tonight are supposed to get 3-6 inches of lake effect snow.

I decluttered the entire master bedroom(including three dressers and two closets) and the master bathroom today. I am normally off work this week every year and find it's a good time to do a full on attack.

I also went to the credit union and moved some monies around like dh and I talked about last night during our financial review. Moved some to a CD in the hopes of making slightly more than nothing in interest. Also renewed the boys' CD's.

Laundry is moving, and once it's dry I am going to put it away and then declutter all three boys dressers and closets.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Back to work today.....had a new project to manage on my desk this morning. A present from having a vacation day on Thursday I suppose, LOL. Oh well I would rather have work than not have work.
So I have been reading up on it and learning all I can. It is a ghost town at work but is actually very relaxing!! But it is brrrr cold!! I have had my jacket over my lap all day. I think the heat is set for the building having more people.
Had a nice lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant with a good friend.
Also making mental notes of budget items and things I want to take in account for. Planning to use Expenser (online spending tracker) this year and hoping it works as well as I hope/expect.
Planning on going home and getting in some warm PJ's and having a simple frozen pizza supper. Probably watching movies, reading or web surfing. I am hoping to pick back up my counted cross stitch, but I just can not seem to get back in the groove of it. Oh well it will be there when my mind decides it wants to take on the stitching bug again.
That's pretty much me today.....Hope you all have a safe, warm and wonderful day. ~Bridge

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i srubbed with vinegar and it helped a bit so i now have the pants soaking in vinegar water.

thanks for the tip darlene

·
Registered
243 Posts
Youngest daughter and I went for a walk while the sun is out. Other than that did some picking up and need to tackle the laundry monster. Everyone is kind of doing there own thing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Staying home today and taking down the tree. Will be glad when that is done. Also, adjusting to our new puppy Sadie. Sloppy Joe's and home fries for dinner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts