Frugal Village Forums banner

Miserly Monday 12/7

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  peanut 
#1 ·
I thought I would get things started today:

I've done the following this morning:
-Fixed DH breakfast, lunch, and hot cocoa
-Made 4 loaves of HM bread (2 white & 2wheat)
-Decided to have left-overs for supper
-Put up clean dishes
-Gathered dirty clothes to wash
-Took puppy for walk

Things I need today:
-Wash clothes
-Got to bank
-Go to grocery store
-CLEAN MY ROOM!!!:weeping:
-Make some business calls
-Clean ceiling fans

#2 ·
It is a cold, frosty morning here, and spitting some freezing rain! Ickyness!I am spending the day helping to deep clean the house. I am going nowhere, staying in and keeping busy. Have a great day!

#4 ·
So far

I got the kids fed, dressed and off to school.(Only a few more weeks of this semester then we are going to homeschoo again)

vaccum the downstairs
cleanup from breakfast
doing laundry
doing my weekly baking--3 loaves of bread done.

#5 ·
Drop the kids off at school
Did half of dishes
Took the dogs out
print out more patterns for knitting and crocheting

Next I will
eat lunch
work on sewing machine
finish dishes
finish some dishcloths
work on my sweater if there time before kids get out of school.

#6 ·
Woke up and made some ginger tea to help boost immunity.

Went grocery shopping with all intentions to keeping to my list. Well, there is a cart with miscellaneous items on manager specials. Got a really good three hole punch for $1.50. Organic noodles, organic fajitta seasoning, and a spatula for around $4.00. I am trying to change over to more organic foods so this will help.

Now I need to go to the thrift store to hopefully find something suitable to wear to the city for a fancy lunch.

This is not turning out to be thrifty but I know I will be able to wear the clothing again.

#7 ·
I am headed to work in about 20 minutes. After work, I am going to stop at few stores. I am looking for some taper candles for our advent wreath. My Dh is working late tonight, so I am planning a low key evening. I am try to put the lights on our tree.

#8 ·
Before work I picked up all the dog toys, gathered the rest of my laundry and unloaded the dishwasher. I went home for lunch and had leftover soup and let the dogs out for some fresh air. After work I will finish cleaning up the kitchen, do at least 1 load of laundry and cut out squares for the last quick throw I'm making for a christmas gift.

Have a great day!

#9 ·
It's been a busy week this past week. I have company until tomorrow. Today consisted of much running around. As much as I love my house guest, I'm looking forward to getting my routine back. Today we went to the store and bought a book for my brother for Christmas, pick up a few groceries and went out to lunch.

#10 ·
well while dinner is cooking im reviewing the day I went for a short walk cleaned up the back yard did laundry cleaned up the house and basically moped about dont know what is wrong with me guess Ive got the holiday blues hoping to feel better tommorrow have a great evening everyone

#11 ·
Happy Monday!

Today I have:
-worked until noon
-swept and mopped the kithchen/dining room
-made brownies
-made yeast rolls
-pork roast in the crock pot
-3 loads of laundry

Plan to:
-eat supper, clean up
-fold one more load of laundry, ugghh
-shower, read, relax

Have a great evening!

#13 ·
~ leftovers for lunch
~ hm bread/toast for breakfast
~ hm muffin for snack
~ working on finishing projects - eg. quilted table topper
~ spinning wool on a drop spindle while watching TV
~ talking to friends on the phone
~ emailing to connect with people for free
~ bidding on spinning equipment on e-bay...so far it's about half the price of buying locally, even if I include shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.