Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry (misty) Monday, Misers!

The mantra here today is "back to the routine!" I was in a training class all last week, and of course the kitchen is
still mostly dysfunctional (the sink works, hooray! And I can store things in the UPPER cabinets... but no countertops)
So we are still eating take-out and freezer/microwave meals and wondering "where did we stash XYZ?" And it's taking its toll!

After a rough time dropping off one of the girls this morning, I'm realizing we need to put our structure back in
place, *pronto!*

Even though we got nice, long lunches in the class last week, I'm happy to be going back to our regularly scheduled
programming!!!

How's your day shaping up?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Woke up with my back still hurting. Didn't sleep well again last night, so I'm getting a late start.

I plan to go buy a padded envelope to mail the lien release and extra key to the kid that bought ds' car. Ds son misses his car, it was his dream car, but he's happy to be debt free. I know he can handle getting those things in the mail, but it would take forever and tons of nagging, so it's better for me to do it.

I'll wash blankets and change sheets today. Ds will be home on Thursday, so I'd better get his bed made again.

I need to go buy Turbo Tax, so I can start on our taxes. I think I have everything to get them done quickly.

Dinner will be steak and rice, if dh is feeling like steak. If not, something else.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
LOL, temperature 60 two days ago, and is 24 now. WHaaa???

Doing laundry, have cleaned a bit in the bathrooms, ala Flylady. Want to get under the downstairs bath sink and clean out. Messy!

Cooking French food tonight---a simple chicken dish. then---knitting!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
No spend day here. Unusually warm and sunny so Mini and I went for a nice walk earlier.
Need to do a little bit of cleaning/picking up.
Dinner is a quick chili I threw in the cp during Mini's morning nap.

Nice to have a quiet day at home.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Morning All!

Just cleaned the kitchen...threw a load into the washer...made a shopping list...Going to head out soon...not much going on this afternoon either. Have a great day!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Well it's snowing again. Two days straight.

Need to do a grocery list and menu plan.

DD has swimming lessons this afternoon.

Tacos for supper.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Woke up at 5:30 got up at 6 had my hot green tea & let the dog out & fed him. Did devotional & went to the gym to workout & steam. Came home & showered & got on fb for awhile. Watching Australian Open. Washed dishes. Cleaned out bathroom for friend to look at the shower. He's going to replace the fixtures tomorrow Yay! It's been dripping for some time glad we have a well no water bill! Need to clean the oven today with baking soda & vinegar found that in another site hope it works. No spend day here! Have a miserly Monday!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Busy day here. Dropped DH at work with his food/coffee for the day. He says he feels better but we'll see. I made a coffee run and hit up the dollar store as well - both out of town. Was nice to have a quiet car ride by myself :) Came home, divided up the coffee (I pick up his coworkers order as well) and just finished lunch. Tidied up kitchen after dad 'cleaned' it :ugh:

Need to prep stuff for a post office run and drop DH's coworkers coffee at his office.

Dinner tonight - I see dad has defrosted ribs! :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Work, as usual, then after play rehearsal, I need to drive DD 20 minutes to voice lessons. Wait for 45 minutes, then back home.

Dinner is in the crockpot, so that's a good thing. :)

All meals from fridge/freezer/pantry, which is another good thing. :)

I have some old valances that I want to fold up so I can take the curtain rods out to the trash...meant to do it all weekend and just didn't get to it. So, I definitely want to get to that tonight.

After helping kids with homework, prepping for tomorrow, and doing dinner, there won't be much time for anything else! :)

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Was able to get my groceries and some how come in under what I expected even when adding extra items in basket. So was happy about that. Hopefully can make this trip to the grocery last two weeks thanks to a good stockpile. Want to get a walk in today. May rain the next two days. Sun was out for about an hour today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts