Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't today the first day of Spring?!? Well, we didn't get the memo, it's currently snowing. :)

What a glorious weekend! DH was home, and we didn't have to be ANYWHERE! Hooray! We all got caught up on our sleep and my home and laundry situation is immensely better! What a great way to start the work week.

Today is busy. During my lunch hour, a guy and his fiance are coming to my work to test drive my Explorer. Eeek! Please send good thoughts that he likes it and makes a reasonable offer! I love my Explorer, but it's time to get serious on that nasty four lettered word called DEBT.

After work and school dd1 starts a new bball program for 3 weeks that is run thru the school. Sigh. More basketball. lol

Enjoy your day, everyone!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Well apparently we got the memo here. Supposed to rain all day. Going to the grocery store. Almost bought butter but realized I had crisco so will use that to make a pie crust.

After shopping need to clean and get the dishes straightened away and cleaned. Do some reading and maybe beef up my resume.

·
Registered
339 Posts
let see:

yesterday i cleaned the dusted the walls and ceiling fan in living room (picked up house too but of course it needs it again)

today i want to clean the kids room and clean their ceiling fan.

MIGHT clean all the ceiling fans

start dinner around lunch time

straighten up house, make beds, mop floors, laundry

clean floor boards in dinning room

clean Critter's cage

need to groom miss bella boo if i have time

meet oldest at bus stop at 2:15 pm

lets see its quarter to 10 (am) now and i have gotten me and kids up and dressed, coffee, took oldest to school, enjoyed me time at computer, reheated coffee twice, (BIG CUP) let dogs out, fed dogs, cleaned dogs crate threw dogs bedding in washer (stinky) threw some clothes in there too, put new dog bedding down, started dryer, took clothes out of dryer for folding, picked up trash out of kitchen, put dishes away, loaded sink with a few more dishes, picked up living room...

ahhh.....a moms work is never done...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Snowing and blowing here too! Yuck! Home with a sick child again today. Last week it was his brother and now this week it's the other one! I have been doing laundry non stop and cleaning bathrooms multiple times. I am going to be disinfecting my house today...I have air sanitizer and lysol, I will be spraying my house from top to bottom with both. I can't afford to have anyone else sick, including myself! I'm going to put a lentil soup in my crockpot, and may make some baked goodies as well....it all depends on how much more cleaning and laundry I will have to do today! I feel so bad when my kids are sick...but get so annoyed with all the cleaning and laundry, not to mention how exhausting it is! Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Waiting on the snow here too.

It's Monday... I got out of bed, isn't that enough???? :lol:

Diva off to school, science fair project delivered, coffee consumed - I am taking a few hours off from life before I have to go get her from school again.

Cook dinner, do dishes.... blah blah blah

I think I am going to knit some dishcloths -- now, where did I leave that kitchen yarn????

·
Registered
962 Posts
Beautiful day here in Florida. Temperature is mild and breezy. Don't have to watch grandkids today, so I am just going to piddle around the house. Still have some unpacking to do. But if I don't feel like doing it, I'm not gonna do it!! Not going to spend any money today either. Not going anywhere. (Tomorrow of course is a different matter).

·
Registered
173 Posts
We are off to a great start with the homeschooling and cleaning today. The kids aren't very happy that we have school while the local public schools have spring break, but I know they will thank me for switching things once their grandparents come into town next month. We are going to try to have no spend days most of this week and are off to a good start today.

·
Registered
339 Posts
let see:

yesterday i cleaned the dusted the walls and ceiling fan in living room (picked up house too but of course it needs it again)

today i want to clean the kids room and clean their ceiling fan.

MIGHT clean all the ceiling fans

start dinner around lunch time

straighten up house, make beds, mop floors, laundry

clean floor boards in dinning room

clean Critter's cage

need to groom miss bella boo if i have time

meet oldest at bus stop at 2:15 pm

lets see its quarter to 10 (am) now and i have gotten me and kids up and dressed, coffee, took oldest to school, enjoyed me time at computer, reheated coffee twice, (BIG CUP) let dogs out, fed dogs, cleaned dogs crate threw dogs bedding in washer (stinky) threw some clothes in there too, put new dog bedding down, started dryer, took clothes out of dryer for folding, picked up trash out of kitchen, put dishes away, loaded sink with a few more dishes, picked up living room...

ahhh.....a moms work is never done...

what i actually got done
cleaned the kids room and ran vaccum..did not clean fan
cleaned living room, ran vaccum
made bed, picked up dirty clothes in my bedroom
folded 3 loads of laundry and put away
more washing and drying
dinner started in crock pot...mmm...mmm smells good
cleaned kitchen
covered a box in wall paper for a pull out for dogs stuff on pantry shelf..cute, horses.
half way groomed miz bella boo..lots of mats so needs more work
washed all dishes..heated water cause ran out of oil this weekend
used to have a launry basket next to stackable washer and dryer in kitchen...cleaned it out. cleaned out bathroom closet and moved basket in there. cleaned out the pots next to stove and moved trash can btw the oven and the wall..looks much nicer..no more eye sores in kitchen...

now on to putting dinner together

·
Registered
328 Posts
Beautiful day here!! Tooo bad I had to work!!

~So I worked!!
~Then stopped by the vets office to get my puppy some comfortis so she doesnt get fleas!!
~Picked up the house a little.
~folded the last of the clothes and put them up! YAY!
~just got to cook dinner and the clean up the dishes we mess up!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts