Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning villagers..hope everyone had a great weekend. It's going to be gorgeous here today. I'm getting ready for a 12 hour work day. What is everyone else doing today? Have a good day.

Cat

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have today off, thankfully! I'm going to use it to get some things done around the house. Get some laundry done, and general picking up. And relax for the rest of the day. My son has lacrosse practice tonight, it's his first practice so it should be interesting! I got a new tattoo yesterday, so I'm nursing that today as well!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We're supposed to have gorgeous weather too. FINALLY the rain is gone! I'm doing laundry laundry & more laundry! I have tons to catch up on since it's been raining for DAYS!

I also need to finish my menu & grocery list. Shopping day is Wednesday. Dd has her last final this morning, after I pick her up I think I'm taking the other dd to the SPCA for a few hours. We're bringing our new kitty so she can get her ear mite meds.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Can I bury my head in the sand today?

Today may end up costing me a nice chunk of change. Just have to wait for our mechanic to call and give us the verdict. My car decided it wanted to have an attitude last night. DH and I sat on the side of the road with a very friendly police officer for over a hour waiting on the tow truck our roadside assistance called to arrive. Luckily, DD is 16 and has her own car. She and DS came to pick up us and the trunk full of groceries we had just bought once the tow truck arrived.

I also have to run to CVS and pick up one of my prescriptions and put in for another one to be refilled. So, in that quick scoop I'll spend $366 for a two week supply of those two meds. On a positive note, I will get all of that money back from BCBS and our flex plan in a couple of days.

Another $1000 heads out the door as I have to mail the house payment today as well.

Hopefully after we make our weekly run to Sam's to buy our meats for the week and put gas in the other two cars, we won't have to spend any other money today.

About the only cost-free thing we have on tap for today is DD's volleyball practice tonight.

Just because I cannot bring myself to spend another dime today, I am waiting until Wednesday to get my new car tags - another $120.

To top it all off, I haven't been to sleep yet. I will probably be getting grumpy as the day progresses.

I really hope everyone else has a better day than mine is shaping up to be.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Neeley I hope your day gets better!

I have to do some cleaning today, run dh's car to the garage! I hope the rain quits as I planned to walk the 4 miles back. Hoe the bill isn't much as I'm all murphyed out lately!

·
Registered
497 Posts
A semi-short day today at work. I'll continue working on organizing my office (was told they will be adding another desk for a 3rd person in my office sometime soon).

When I get home this afternoon I need to continue washing dishes & folding laundry so it is all done by the time we leave for vacation on Thursday. Then start packing...Yay for going home to see the family!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Working today from 9-5pm. Going to deposit money from the garage sale in savings. Going to pay extra on Dh's car loan, my first snowball payment on this car. I need to go grocery shopping too! Not enough hours in the day!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
We're under a heat advisory, so I got up in the wee hours and made 3 loaves of 100% whole wheat bread and 12 Cheese Burger Buns (King Arthur Flour -http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cheese-burger-buns-recipe), which I altered with some freshly-milled rye flour, chia seed "goop", flaxmeal, and multi-grain cereal for some "crunch" and additional fiber.... I can't ever leave a perfectly good recipe alone (LOL).

I had everything done and the kitchen cleaned up before 7:00 a.m. WHEW! That also included making breakfast, making hubby's lunch, giving him a kiss, and sending him off to work at 6:45.

I have 100-pounds of wheat to bag up and put in storage. I'll vacuum the house AFTER I get grain all over the kitchen floor.

I need to check what's going on in the garden. I know there's a few zucchini I'm going to harvest. I'm WILLING one tomato to ripen by the 4th of July. My sister and I always had a race to see who got the first ripe tomato, but now that she's moved to the tip of Texas, all bets are off because she had tomatoes long ago.

I also got a letter written to our son-in-law while waiting for the bread to rise. He's stationed in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Wow you've gotten a whole days work in already! Amazing!

We're under a heat advisory, so I got up in the wee hours and made 3 loaves of 100% whole wheat bread and 12 Cheese Burger Buns (King Arthur Flour -http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cheese-burger-buns-recipe), which I altered with some freshly-milled rye flour, chia seed "goop", flaxmeal, and multi-grain cereal for some "crunch" and additional fiber.... I can't ever leave a perfectly good recipe alone (LOL).

I had everything done and the kitchen cleaned up before 7:00 a.m. WHEW! That also included making breakfast, making hubby's lunch, giving him a kiss, and sending him off to work at 6:45.

I have 100-pounds of wheat to bag up and put in storage. I'll vacuum the house AFTER I get grain all over the kitchen floor.

I need to check what's going on in the garden. I know there's a few zucchini I'm going to harvest. I'm WILLING one tomato to ripen by the 4th of July. My sister and I always had a race to see who got the first ripe tomato, but now that she's moved to the tip of Texas, all bets are off because she had tomatoes long ago.

I also got a letter written to our son-in-law while waiting for the bread to rise. He's stationed in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm off work today so cleaning house and relaxing enjoying the nice warm weather here finally going to be 85 maybe some rain hope not. I should strip beds and wash sheets. Washed Stephens baseball pants has a game tomorrow. Need to go get envelopes for dh.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
We have Bible school this week, so just getting home and having a bite of lunch.I need to clean out the litter boxes, and wash out all the trashcans. I also plan on running to Penny's to pick up some new lined drapes for the sunroom. I have it shut off down that hallway, but it gets so hot out there. The rest of the house goes in cave mode around noon,. stays so nice and cool. Also plan on swimming tonight and doing weights.Well, better get busy.Have a good one!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Im staying home today it's 105 out side.So i think i will go through my craft room and see what i want to keep or redo. I think i will do some stuff and put them on etsy. It would be great to make some extra cash and start xmas shopping soon.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
on week 2 of summer vacation, well rested, slightly bored, unfocused.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I worked this morning. Came home and started laundry, did Wii Fitness. I still need to put dishes away, make dinner, clean kitchen, fold clothes, and iron.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
A pretty good Monday. I got up early and made a pasta/leftover chicken/leftover veggie tetrazzini for dinner and muffins for breakfast. Went with kids to Bible School. Three hours of fun for them and I got to be in the air conditioning. After a leftover lunch we walked to the library. Came home and kids played in the kiddie pool and had a popsicle. We picked raspberries from our patch. We ate dinner and now we're vegging. The kids are cleaning up and then we'll read a chapter from the book we have going. A quiet day for a change.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Today was a good day.
I slept until almost 11, which is unusual for me. But since I have had trouble falling asleep lately, it felt great.
So this afternoon I washed the towels and put them away, went for a walk, cleaned the bathrooms, read my Bible, played my flute for awhile (something I have not done in a really long time), loaded the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher and ran it, and fixed dinner.
This evening I plan on cooking dinner, unloading the dishwasher and watching TV while working on a craft project.
Not a bad day in my book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts