Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. I'm getting ready for my 12 hour work day. I hope you have a more exciting day. I shouldn't have to stop anywhere after work so I'm coming straight home. It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Enjoy.:sun:

Cat

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I think this is a double post!! LOL...I answered in the other one. But I will here too! I have to work today until 2 pm, then I'm coming home to do laundry and clean my messy house! I have the maintenance staff coming at the end of the week to inspect the smoke alarms and I want my house to be in decent shape. That's about it for me today!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Off work today so doing laundry and relaxing. It's supposed to storm here today.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Today is my day off (I have three this week). I need to do laundry, iron clothes, get the bathrooms scrubbed, and get the kids moving on their chores. DD's birthing classes start tonight so I am sort of looking forward to that. DS has a job interview tonight at UPS so fingers crossed on that.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Surprisingly, I got my cleaning and laundry done over the weekend, so I don't have alot to do today!

It's our first official day of summer today, both kids are home. We have no plans, and I think it'll be stormy, so the pool is out of the plans today.

The only thing we have to do is head to my parents tonight for dinner!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It's a cool overcast morning. I did the workout, pet chores, linens- same ole same ole.I am going to deep clean my bedroom and closets.Then head out to pick cherries. I have two trees and our neighbor has three.We are going to work together and split them up. So will be busy the next couple of days with it.This evening I am going to play tennis with my son, and he is coming for supper.Should be a busy day. Have a good one!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Lots to do today. I stayed up too late reading last night, so I am behind the eight ball a bit :blush:
~shower
~wash breakfast dishes
~straighten up kitchen
~put away folded laundry
~strip, wash, hang out, remake beds
~pick up the living room & dining room
~start our fathers day project
~put dinner in the crockpot
~pick up the girls
~take dd to SPCA, pick her up an hour later
~knit

·
Registered
497 Posts
I started the morning off with some dish washing (since the dishwasher & disposal are both on the fritz!)....decluttered the living room...walked to work by 11:00...a short work day today...going home and should clean some more & do LOTS of laundry.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Let's see, so far today I've

*vacuumed the house
*taken the throw rugs outside and given them a good shake
*swished and swiped the bathroom
*washed and hung a load of laundry
*washed another load, waiting to hang it
*swept back deck, front porch and side walks.

I still need to put away folded laundry.
Make the bed
Gather up the trash and take it out.

annymoll, I'd love to go cherry picking! Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
742 Posts
The major project for today will be planning out the rest of week. We are going camping on Thursday afternoon for the weekend. This week I need to clean the house from top to bottom, plan trip including food for the trip, and wrap up some loose ends at home. My plan is have nearly everything done at home so that I can enjoy this weekend and not be think about all I have to do when I get home.
So today I need to:
~Plan out chores for the week
~Plan out meal for the trip and make grocery list
~Work on items for Sunday School
~Clean at least one area of the house, probably the kitchen or bathroom.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Even with summer vacation, I am not able to sleep in. DS#3 started summer school today. He is trying to get ahead in high school and is taking a summer class to get a full credit. It is only 3 weeks long and it is something he wanted to do. After dropping him off, I went to pick up DS#1 from his home so we could go to the bank and take care of some business. Then, I went to find some more glue to patch up our swimming pool that ripped when we took it down last year. I sure hope that the repair kit works because that was $599 and we just bought it last summer. UGH! I will be working on it later this afternoon. When I finally arrived home, I had to make DH a dentist appointment....and now it is almost time to go and pick up DS#3 from summer school. Summer vacation....what vacation??? Seems like I am going to be doing a lot of running.

I need to go hang out a load of laundry too. It is calling my name.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
1. Woke up 7 AM
2. Had coffee; checked e-mails.
3. Ordered internet coupons; joined 2-3 clubs for freebies and coupons; made an internet coupon trade; printed off $12 of internet printable coupons; visited websites for companionship and inspiration.
4. Baked own variation of Pillsbury Crescent rolls:
- Unroll 1 pk of Pillsbury crescents
- Spread dough lightly with butter
- Spread brown sugar on top of this
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Carefully pull apart the triangles of dough
- Place on buttered cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes
- These triangles puff up beautifully; remove from oven; cool slightly; remove and enjoy in front of favourite computer website: FV? with a hot cuppa.

5. Gotta have a shower; get ready for work; mail a coupon trade envie; get mail and SPEND NO MONEY TODAY. Some housework, of course.:jug:
6. Having Sunday's leftovers for meals: sliced roast beef or meatloaf, mashed potatoes, lettuce salad (prepared yesterday and waiting in 2 different plastic tubs in fridge)
7. A nice rainy day--spring air fresh and deliciously scented with leaves and spring blooms.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
So far today I went to the store, paid bills and made some phone calls, cleaned kitchen and made a pot of rice, and one load of laundry.

Later I am going to vacuum and do some small cleaning.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Slept 'til 11:30 (don't panic, I went to bed at 7am - night shift nurse:) )
Filled out paperwork for real estate agent
Took care of some email
Drove kids to swim practice
Ate a 100 calorie fudgesicle (it was DELISH!)
Bought items to stock the concession stand for swim meet tomorrow
Thawed out dinner
And now I'm running out of gas, so I may just head for the couch!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Did school with my kids with garage sale curriculum.

Opened the window and vowed not to get out the air conditioners.

Did buy 1yo dd sandals, but they were on sale for $7.99 and I bought them with room to grow.

Made a huge pan of mac&ch from sale macaroni. We should have enough for lunch tomorrow.

Kids will have an ice cream cone for a treat later. The whole package of ice cream cost as much as one cone out.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The major project for today will be planning out the rest of week. We are going camping on Thursday afternoon for the weekend. This week I need to clean the house from top to bottom, plan trip including food for the trip, and wrap up some loose ends at home. My plan is have nearly everything done at home so that I can enjoy this weekend and not be think about all I have to do when I get home.
So today I need to:
~Plan out chores for the week
~Plan out meal for the trip and make grocery list
~Work on items for Sunday School
~Clean at least one area of the house, probably the kitchen or bathroom.
Well that was my plan, but it didn't work that way.
I ended up going into my DH's office. I am there bookkeeper and there was personel changes so I had to go in help deal with that. Meanwhile, I found other items that needed to be taken care of, so I dealt with those.
So tomorrow, I will be going back into the office and then hopefully getting things done around here. I need to get the house cleaned up before we go away for the weekend.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My daughters had a hair braiding appt and that takes about 3 hours per girl, so I ran errands with the boys. Dropped off donation items, got their Tees for the 4th of July, and went to have lunch with my hubby.

Dinner was leftovers and my back went out, so finished the day in bed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts