Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems I always begin new threads in this forum on Miserly Mondays. Mondays always seem so new to me, with a chance to redeem myself and my goals. But I when I'm beginning Wednesday and Thursday threads, I'll know I'm doing better. ;)

We worked yesterday on our decluttering project (which is the whole house! :\). We did make a bit of a dent, so that's good! I always get so torn between throwing out perfectly good things in case we may need them some day (frugal part of me), and the decluttering that I know deep down will help make me more organized, and able to actually PRODUCE a better, more frugal and simple life. So I'm trying to keep telling myself that God will provide what we need if I can get our home in ORDER!!!!

So that's my order of business today. That, and making homemade dog food (that's working out very well), and also dinner, which I think is going to end up being simple....frozen salisbury steak, pasta with parmesan and garlic, and a veggie. We all have various baseball games to go to tonight! :)

Make this a GREAT day all!!!! :)

Tracy Q.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Miserly Monday Plans

MOTTO: I have things to do, and I'm going to get them done.

Today, and the rest of the week: :bfly:
1. Garden work
2. Mow lawn
3. Laundry
4. Get water and mail
5. Housework
6. Cooking
7. Baking
8. Errands
9. Accounts
10. An outing
11. Reading
12. Music practice
13. Stop spending so much time on the internet, and get more done
14. NO SPEND DAYS, as much as frugally and realistically possible

T

·
0 Posts
My goal for today is to get my property taxes squared away. Apparently at the closing the money never passed from the closing table to the town for the 2009 taxes for our second parcel. It's only $70, but it has to be paid by Wednesday or they're going to auction off my backyard.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Well I actually had a good nights sleep and was up at 7:30. I had my coffee, went through my email, clipped coupons and got a shower. Once hubby went to work I had to go to town to deposit a check and some money. While I was at the bank I had them change my name (new bank card) and asked about new checks. It turns out we won't have to pay for them since hubby has direct deposit, saved $20. Then it was off to Staples 35 miles away. The printer we bought 9 days ago for $149 went on sale yesterday for $99, WOOHOO another $50 saved. I came home called Riteaid and Capital One and had name changed. I think the only ones left are Directv and Allstate. I still need to fold a load of clothes, do some dishes, and take out trash. Dinner will be the Rice and Bean casserole from FV. I think that should do it for today.

Cat

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Not leaving the house today. Cleaned kitchen, doing laundry, and later I need to prep a ton of veggies and dinner. It should be a no spend day and low stress day here. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Love the start of a new week!!!

Summer school 7-12
Invited two of my students with autism and their moms to swim at our pool in the afternoon.
Then - more paper shredding, more going through boxes = really want to get the LR done this week!!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Tonight is bowling night.

Went and got groceries this morning.

Did some laundry. Not much else going on.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It was cloudy and overcast. Cool and foggy.I stayed home the entire day. I am trying to clean, as our son and DIL are coming in to visit for two weeks this weekend. So busy busy. But I didn't have my heart in it today, so I worked on one of the guestrooms. Rearranged it and deep cleaned it. Why? don't know. It will not be used.LOL.Oh well.On another front- someone has AGAIN dumped a little Staffordshire Terrier puppy at our house. I am so upset I could just spit. Don't these people know I cannot keep all these animals? WTH?I have been calling her Chuckles.Well, I hope someone claims her.Anyway I think I will try to bike tonight after supper then hit the hay early so I can start early tomorrow. Have a good one!

·
Registered
900 Posts
The morning crashed and burned here. My youngest somehow hurt his ankle and seems to have sprained it. So, I spent the morning through lunch time at the dr's office and getting xrays. I'm barely getting caught up on chores right now.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
My goal for today is to get my property taxes squared away. Apparently at the closing the money never passed from the closing table to the town for the 2009 taxes for our second parcel. It's only $70, but it has to be paid by Wednesday or they're going to auction off my backyard.
I'd let them auction off MY backyard if it meant I didn't have to cut the grass anymore :)

I slept until 1pm as I worked night shift last night, took the kids to swim practice, and now I'm going to make breakfast for dinner.
Looking online at grad schools, and now my sister just called, she, her three munchkins and my dad and step mom decided that my house would be a good place for them to all meet and spend the day - TOMORROW!!! Gusee I'm going grocery shopping (thankfully, the house is spotless as we had a real estate showing :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
annymoll said:
On another front- someone has AGAIN dumped a little Staffordshire Terrier puppy at our house. I am so upset I could just spit. Don't these people know I cannot keep all these animals? WTH?I have been calling her Chuckles.Well, I hope someone claims her.Anyway I think I will try to bike tonight after supper then hit the hay early so I can start early tomorrow. Have a good one!
What do you mean someone dumped a cute doggie off at you're house? Chuckles is a cute name. :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Update

Today, and the rest of the week: :bfly:
1. Garden work: Monday= weeded front planters
2. Mow lawn
3. Laundry: Monday=did most of it (dryer shut off/flipped breakers!!!)
4. Get water & mail: Monday (groceries also)
5. Housework: Monday
6. Cooking: Monday=leftovers
7. Baking
8. Errands
9. Accounts
10. An outing
11. Reading: Monday (The Old Man & the Sea: {memorable thought}Santiago was old and his body had the signs and scars of hard toil, "but his eyes were cheerful and undefeated")
12. Music practice
13. Stop spending so much time on the internet, and get more done: Monday
14. NO SPEND DAYS, as much as frugally and realistically possible

Today, I got quite a bit of work done at home, and the mail yielded $6 of rebate cheques :rollsmile, which was great because it paid for the milk I bought, :rollsmile with change left over. I also got some great coupons, and a window screen sample (2 swatches), both of which could be cut into 4 pieces to mend a small hole in a window screen. :rollsmile
The flyers have a deal on Kelloggs Cereal: 2 for $4.00, and I have 9 coupons for $2. :rollsmile
And while I was out getting water, I found a nickel, and then a dime a few feet apart. :rollsmile

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
What do you mean someone dumped a cute doggie off at you're house? Chuckles is a cute name. :)
As soon as I find out where you live I am going to leave her on your doorstep. And we will both be Chuckles then Ha Ha !!!(She IS really cute. Stupid dumpers. I have her hid in the barn till I can assess the situation and deal with a fight. If you know what I mean.)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
As soon as I find out where you live I am going to leave her on your doorstep. And we will both be Chuckles then Ha Ha !!!(She IS really cute. Stupid dumpers. I have her hid in the barn till I can assess the situation and deal with a fight. If you know what I mean.)
Heh, not far from you really. :) Why do they dump animals at you're house though? I would like to beat up the animal dumpers myself. :p

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Heh, not far from you really. :) Why do they dump animals at you're house though? I would like to beat up the animal dumpers myself. :p
We live right on the very outskirts of town. On the corner. You round the blacktop and it goes into gravel and I think they round that corner and dump them.This is the second dog this year. They are dumping the hard to place animals.. Last time a Shepherd/ Chow/ pit mix.Well, we kept him. Now this little pit. When I try to take them to the shelter they tell me they will destroy them. When I call the police they say if you feed it it becomes yours.I have trouble destroying these animals. And a big sign on my head that says,"Sucker"The word gets out .

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Today I shopped for groceries, canning supplies and hit Goodwill. Did two loads of laundry, tidied house, washed dishes, swept floors, entertained company for most of the afternoon, watered garden and now relaxing on FV! :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Tightwad Tuesday

Today, and the rest of the week:
1. Garden work: Monday= weeded front planters
2. Mow lawn
3. Laundry: Monday=did most of it (dryer shut off/flipped breakers!!!); Tuesday=finished laundry
4. Get water & mail: Monday (groceries also); Tues=mail, groc (free: 4 boxes of Kelloggs cereal with $2 coupons)
5. Housework: Mon, Tues.
6. Cooking: Mon=leftovers, Tues=leftovers
7. Baking
8. Errands=Mon, Tues
9. Accounts= Tues
10. An outing
11. Reading: Monday (The Old Man & the Sea: {memorable thought}Santiago was old and his body had the signs and scars of hard toil, "but his eyes were cheerful and undefeated")
Tuesday: Santiago, alone and positioned very far out from the others and land, carefully sets his lines for fishing. He always plans ahead, and prepares for what he has to do. He has resolution.
12. Music practice
13. Stop spending so much time on the internet, and get more done: Mon, Tues
14. NO SPEND DAYS, as much as frugally and realistically possible:
Tuesday

Just dealing with rain, eavestroughs spilling over onto my planters (thought the landlord had fixed that, but looks like I have to call it in again). Did my errands downtown during a lull; used 4 coupons for Kelloggs cereal today, and got them FREE. No Spend Day.
Proctor & Gamble verified my allergic reaction to their Crest Pro-Health toothpaste, and sent me a list of ingredients to keep on file.
Did accounts, internet catch-up, planning some down time, then a few good hours getting something else done.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
We live right on the very outskirts of town. On the corner. You round the blacktop and it goes into gravel and I think they round that corner and dump them.This is the second dog this year. They are dumping the hard to place animals.. Last time a Shepherd/ Chow/ pit mix.Well, we kept him. Now this little pit. When I try to take them to the shelter they tell me they will destroy them. When I call the police they say if you feed it it becomes yours.I have trouble destroying these animals. And a big sign on my head that says,"Sucker"The word gets out .

I don't know if you will see this but I feel really bad for the position that you are put in and the heartless jerks that dump them. I think you live in a small town right? Here if they go to the animal shelter they will not destroy them and try the hardest to get them adopted. Also sounds like small town police. Seriously, I would die for a shephard or any mix. Once my back yard gets fixed up and a gate to our privacy fence, I am going to rescue a couple. I would drive them to the nearest city shelter to see what they could do, maybe?

Keep me in mind. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't know if you will see this but I feel really bad for the position that you are put in and the heartless jerks that dump them. I think you live in a small town right? Here if they go to the animal shelter they will not destroy them and try the hardest to get them adopted. Also sounds like small town police. Seriously, I would die for a shephard or any mix. Once my back yard gets fixed up and a gate to our privacy fence, I am going to rescue a couple. I would drive them to the nearest city shelter to see what they could do, maybe?

Keep me in mind. :)
Thank you for being so kind Palooka. It means alot to me.I am going to keep this little dog. But if any more come, I may be giving you a call!! Ha Ha Get ready.

Reactions: Palooka
1 - 20 of 20 Posts