Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone!!! I'm headed off to bed after an overnight shift at work, but when I get up (around 11) we're starting our 23rd year of homeschooling!!!

I have NEVER started school until the day after Labor Day (as God intended) but they actually asked to start earlier, on account of 'nobody's on FaceBook during the day and we're bored'!!!

Need to get a few groceries (just a few so I can stay under my challenge amount :) )

Three items on my Dirty Dozen Challenge list

Take a walk over to the park and use the new exercise equipment

Out for dinner to celebrate the first day of school - hope I can resist the french fries - that's another challenge for this month.
Have some correspondence to catch up on, then realx by watching the Indianapolis Indians' game on TV tonight!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well I'm due to work a full day today! Afterwords, the kids and I along with my parents are going to look at a foreclosed home. I looked at it yesterday, and although it's small....it would be all mine and I would be out of apartment living. So I'm getting my parents opinion on the house today and to see if it would be a wise investment for me! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time....I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day! LOL....Other than that, it's home to do laundry and pick up around the house! Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
LOL, gotta laugh at the Facebook comment
Today~
dd's birthday so bake and decorate cake, bake cupcakes for soccer team
do school w/homeschool kids
hang laundry
vaccum
work on baby afghan
pick up ds from game club
do some yoga

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hi everyone!!! My sweet little 2nd grader has open house tonight! He starts tomorrow. I am excited for him. I am sitting here on the lap top trying to plan the meals for the week (yes I know I am a little late) But we have six lbs of leftovers from sunday. Which brings me to a question! My mama bought us a chicken lunch from KFC I was thinking of taking the meat off and freezing it. I do this with oven roasted chicken, but this is fried!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have deboned fried chicken and used it for other stuff. When my MIL passed away someone brought a BUNCH of fried chicken from the Wal Mart Deli over. The whole family ate on it for about 3 days and they we split it up to take home. I deboned and shredded it, took off all the skin I could, and used it in recipes calling for cooked chicken. My BIL made chicken salad out of some of his.

Today I went to Aldi's for milk and picked up a few half price items, garden salad, hot dog buns, salad dressing and a pack of batteries. Hopefully that will be all I spend today.

I'm working all day and tonight I hope to get another load of laundry done and put away and vacum the downstairs.

·
Registered
711 Posts
PS guys I just made a Rice/Pea/Chicken bake... It was fantastic!

Basically I had the pre cooked chicken already
I mixed together a can of COC (Cream O Chicken)
Dry Rice (One Cup)
One can (COC can) of water
One normal sized can of peas (broth drained)
Roughly one cup of Chicken pieces.

Bake at 375* for one hour. (60 mins)

I finished it off with two tab of butter when it came out of the oven. =D
It was simple and terrific!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Today was the first day of school. It went fairly well. There weren't many children crying after their parents left as normal.....which is always good.

DS#3 started high school today! He was so excited.

DH also started school today. This is his first day of college. He has never taken college courses before, so he was a little nervous. I think he will do great!

We did not receive such great news on the prognosis of my step-dad. They think he will pass within 24-48 hours. This truely breaks my heart. I have never met a more kind, gentle, caring person in my life than him. He taught me how to be a giving person and I only hope I can be as half as giving as he was.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Michelle I said a prayer for you step-dad.

I slept in until 9:00 (11 hours!), had my 2 cup limit on coffee while reading yesterdays newspapers. The rest of the day I sorted through office papers. I have a huge stack of old reciepts to burn. Except for my Dirty Dozen list the house is pretty much in order. We just finished dinner about an hour ago and I got hubby off to work. I still need to fold some laundry and do up a stack of dishes. Anything else will wait until tomorrow.

Cat

·
19,119 Posts
Michelle - sending prayers and aloha for you and your family. Take care.

·
19,119 Posts
Need to plan my meals for the week and do some grocery shopping.

PO - send mail to DD

bank - put $s in DD account

Dirty Dozen list

contact people- phone or email re soccer

finish tax work - or at least make significant headway!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My Miserly Monday

The day started early: 1 AM with a fierce thunderstorm which lasted all night, terrific winds (some which sounded as if they were whirling!!!) There's nothing like a tornado-threat to make a person pray and make sure that their soul is right with God.

Got up fairly late this AM; picked the rasps and there was just enough to top my cereal. Showered, changed bed linens, and went for the mail; critically asessed the flyers and avoided the stores. Got a freebie in the mail today: Omega-3 samples. At home, I gathered up all my vitamin supplement samples, and found that I have enough for 18 days before I'll have to buy another bottle of vitamins; will use the samples first.

Went for water: spent $1.98.
Picked my first cucumber from the garden. Had a nice lunch.
Had a nap to recover from the exhaustion.
Prepared a batch of refrigerator bun dough for tomorrow's baking.
Did a stack of dishes.
Bleached the small water jugs; waited a few hours, refilled them with water.
Felt happy; now having a cuppa camomile tea in front of FV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts