Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I:

• cooked up a huge batch of hot italian sausage. I put 1/2 in the crockpot and put the other 1/2 in the freezer for another day.
  • I listed 14 dvd's at Secondspin.com and will take them to the post office later
  • I'm taking the kids to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" later
  • Gotta put away some laundry later, as well

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Good morning everyone,

Well Autumn has officially arrived! :) It's breezy (well, windy!) and very cool this morning. I just love this time of the year because I don't have to run the ac, fans or the heater.

Today:

*General morning chores: Dishes, make beds, feed the dogs and cat and pick up around the house.
*Go through dd8's closet and pack away her tank tops and see what I have that will fit her for these cooler days.
*Work on a menu
*File statements and other forms away. I'm so behind on this.
*Work on some ads for myself and post them on the internet
*Make a deposit at the bank
*Call one of the companies I work for and ask to pick up work on Mondays and Saturdays. Dh doesn't have much work lined up. It's a little spooky because I'm a CNA (home health care) and my earning potential isn't even in the same field as his.
*Look at classes offered through the college.

I hope everyone has a nice day!

·
8,714 Posts
~DH is home today and handling the homeschooling this morning. I've been working on laundry and playing with dd.
In a few minutes I'm going to get some pork in the crockpot and start my baking day. I also want to finish binding my t-quilt today.
Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful Monday!~

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It's a dreary, rainy fall day here in northern NY.

The boys & I just finished cleaning up their rooms. I also went through their dressers while I was up there and got rid of a whole big basket of clothes.

I still need to:
~wash dishes
~vacuum
~knit
~pick up the girls from school
~take the boys for haircuts
~make dinner

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Already got DH and DD off to work and school. Had a Green Team meeting at work that is already done. Came home and discussed the days's housework goals with DSs. I still need to fold towels, put up clean clothes and start tackling the list. I have made the decision today to start planning to quit my job in the next few months. I only work three days a week now (Fri- Sun) and my DH hates not seeing me. It will be easier to do if DSs were employed (both are adults and know they will pay "rent" when they get jobs.) However I am working the October budget to live off DH's checks and see how it will be before I go ahead and quit.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My orginal plan for the day was to clean my old apartment and start unpacking my new place. However, I am now waiting for the telephone repairman to come and fix the phones at the new place. I am hoping he comes early so that I can get cleaning.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey guys!!! I'm back!!! I'm not 100% at least I feel like I can function!! I started cleaning my Kitchen! (Man when you have to leave my hubby to his own devices because I was sick he left a nasty mess! What a pig!!)

I will help my son with his hw when he gets home from work, feed him, and send him with his g-ma to vaulting practice. I need to mop the kitchen and do some laundry!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
~Went to work today which means I can't spend money even if I wanted....lol
~brought lunch, meal planned for rest of week since we forgot that
~Cut out decorations for party tomorrow so I won't have to buy them
~planning lunches for week
~will do one load, in cold, tonight

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Today I:

~went to the bank to make deposit
~took elderly neighbor lady to the pharmacist
~one load of laundry
~tonight dd has tap class

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm having an off day I guess. I woke up this morning with a headache so after taking the kiddos to school I crawled back in bed for a little while. My head is finally starting to ease up so I put a pound of ground angus in the sink thawing for supper. For the rest of the day

- Get the kiddos from school - Homework for DD
- Cook supper
- Clean the expired coupons out of my coupon boxes and if time permits clip yesterday's coupons and file them

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Home from work at 7:30 and slept until 2pm.

Thought I would be able to get an evening nap in before working again tonight, but the realtor called and said we have a showing tomorrow- yikes!!

So..... I dropped the kids off at swim practice, hit the fitness place for 20 minutes on the stationary bike and came home to start on the house.

Warmed myself up something to eat, called DD#1 to see if I can sleep at her place tomorrow (the showing is at 11am - the 'middle of the night' for me!

I'm working tonight for a baby I don't see too often, so that should be nice!!

Well, I'm off to scrub bathrooms- hope tomorrow's 'looker' is a 'buyer'!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I went to work, ate leftovers for lunch and dinner (yummy soup!), and came home to spray paint a shelf white for the bedroom. I'll be packing tomorrow's lunch, setting out my work clothes, and shredding some junk mail later on.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Another 12 hour work day for me. I took my lunch and didn't spend any money. That's about as miserly as I could get. I finished a sandwich for dinner about 1/2 hour ago and as soon as I get all of my posting done here, I'll be going to bed. :rest: See you all in the morning.

Cat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts