Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone got planned for today?

Dropped DH at work with just a mug of coffee - short day supposedly LOL. Gassed up the truck, picked up friend's mail, popped into the produce store to pick up a few items for the rest of the week. Contemplating making those rolo pretzel treats but not sure if I have the time before I need to go p/u DH from work. I think we're going on a lunch date? Then to run a few errands. Dinner will be out tonight with my sister - not sure what where we're going nor type of cuisine.

Have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve y'all :cowwave:

·
Registered
460 Posts
we dont have much planned. Dh is working tonight. We will continue cleaning closets and packing up Christmas decor today. I made a pot of chili and a pot pf veg beef soup yesterday so we will be eating at home. Hopefully I will get the laundry finished today also.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Today I finally got the grocery shopping done (haven't been since 12.16.12). I didn't get everything on the list because my 22 month old decided that today would be the day he wasn't his normal, delightful self and screamed the entire time. Lovely. I just wanted to get the heck out of there.

Then I came home and cleaned out the fridge, loaded up all the groceries in the pantry and fridge and freezer and then cleaned the kitchen.

The baby just went down for a nap, so I'm going to head to the post office to mail off some things that I sold, then come home and do some school work. I have a small pile of papers I still need to grade and I don't want to have to do them tomorrow when DH is off from work. I'd rather hang with him and the kids. :)

Looking forward to a nice, quiet NYE with the family at home. :)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Rainy and cold here i slept late this morning dont plan on doing very much today need clean kitchen clean out the refrigrator.Get some things ready take to GW when i go that way.Everone have a Safe and Happy New years.

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
trying to get started cleaning..But I have a house full of young people..cleaning, laundry, clean bed tonite. Taking part of the Christmas things down... frozen pizza, chips and a six pack of beer..for tonite...nice and quiet..

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I'm working today - but I think I will call it a shortened day. Not sure.
I am heading to a friend's to hang out for NYE. But I need to leave early enough that I can get up in the morning and attend a skiing lesson. (I had to sign up for one so I can get comfortable with the mountain so I don't waste my ski pass I bought while spendy nurse took over frugal nurse. )

I cheaply printed out a monthly calandar for the year so I don't have to buy one

I ate leftovers for lunch and intend to eat at my friend's house for dinner.

Miserly monday it is :D

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
500 Posts
What a lazy day here....had coffee and breakfast at home. Boys are still sleeping at 2pm! We have some chips/dip, cheese platter, and some leftovers for snacking tonight....staying home and having fun with family :)

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Was able to buy some canned goods so now the stockpile is looking good. Had shell fish for lunch today. Decided to put some suet out for the birds. Figure it will be nice to watch the birds and give the cats something to look at. Not sure how long it will take the birds to realize it is there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Monday is a stay at home day. Usually I clean the house, but today I'm painting with my new watercolors. As the paint dries, I do laundry, tidy ten minutes and obviously get on the computer. lol

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Went to the drug store for a few things. Going out to dinner & a movie w/ friends.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Snowy day here. It's not sticking to the streets. I guess they decided to pretreat this time.

Dh decided to stay home today. We went to walmart to get items to make tacos for your NY dinner tomorrow. Ds is home for the holidays and requested it. Dh had to pick up a few things for work.

We may go to the chinese buffet tonight for dinner with extended family and then watch TV all night.

Wasn't the most miserly day, but I did only buy what was necessary.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Went to the bank to deposit for my mom, got pre surgical blood work done, picked up DH prescription and moms groceries. Visited with mom then on home. Note...no spending for me today other than co pay for the prescription. Making taco dip, cheese plate and veggie platter to snack on while we watch a movie and relax at home for the New Year. Nice relaxing holiday without spending a fortune

1 - 12 of 12 Posts