Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're supposed to get some snow overnight which will turn to freezing rain and last all day so if its crappy out, I'm hiding out at home with dad. If its nice out - I'm hitting up the discount grocery store & WM to price match. If there's time & energy left, a trip to Costco with dad.

We'll see if Monday is 'miserly' :laugh:

What do you have planned?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
We won't get the cold front until tomorrow. Today will be way above average on temps so I am taking the little guys outside to play for much of the day. I need to scrub the kitchen but that is about it for housework. Tonight's dinner will be baked chicken, quinoa and brussel sprouts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It just started snowing here, after a being grey all morning.
Was up at 4:30 with a very hungry baby, then managed to get her back to sleep until 7:30, and got to sleep in too! Woot! She's sleeping again now, I'm thinking she's in a growth spurt because she's eating and sleeping a lot... She's 9 months and a week old and growing soooo fast.

Back to thread: we have to go grocery shopping this afternoon and I need to fold and put away laundry.
TOnight, we have a friend coming to get our old washing machine we have given him.
I'm guessing the hubs will go to sleep early tonight as he started work as 4:00 this morning, so he was up at 2!

The weather is supposed to warm up this week, but today it is quite cold.

Have a good day everyone!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Cold damp dreary day here. Went to grocery store and later on will try and get myself moving and do a little bit of indoor exercise.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Been busy today. DH decided not to go ice fishing as he slept in quite late. So he helped to entertain DS. I started laundry, cleaned the kitchen, browned hamburger and veggies for a casserole for dinner, have bread dough going in the bread machine and cut up and put away some more homemade breakfast cookies. I just have to unload/reload dishwasher and roll out bread dough and then take a nap. Oh I baked a pie with some left over apples that I had. Will clean tomorrow.

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think I've managed to be miserly, this Monday.

After fruitlessly searching for suitable curtaining for the large bathroom window, I went to a cheap-o "department" shop and bought 8 metres of white ribbon, 1cm wide. I have now re-hung an old, full-length voile-sort-of curtain, and looped it up at the bottom with said ribbon, finished in huge floppy bows. Cheap!

I parked for free, in town, and walked the length of the high street - for the ribbon, above, and also for some refills for the dehumidifiers that I put in my deep cupboards. Then I walked back with a window-shopping only excursion into the bookshop (came out empty handed) and also into three charity shops - came out empty-handed, there, too.

I went to the local community sports/fitness centre, where I've renewed a temporary membership: and gave myself a session on the static bike, while it stormed and rained outside. :rain: The receptionist (carrying on a private phone call, :blah:while she dealt with me) said I wasn't registered as a Senior on their system . . . could I prove my age . . . well, yes, I could, but (a) I've been a Senior, with 25% reduction on prices, for almost six years, so why should I and (b) yes, but the proof was out in the van, in the car park and there was no way I was going out there again in THAT weather, since I didn't have to . . . So Madame put her private phone-call on one side long enough to click a few mouse-buttons and - whaddyaknow! There I was, large as life and definitely "Senior". So I got my 25% reduction.

Home now for the evening: reading, writing letters and later - watching "Lewis" on TV. Some of you here are British TV fans: I wonder if you get "Lewis"? Well, if not, I'll enjoy it on your behalf.

Reactions: Trishagirl

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had snow and freezing rain overnight which caused power outages and we didn't sleep. Everything was beeping all night long :drama: As a result, I asked DH to stay home b/c of the lack of sleep plus the roads were sheer ice at that time. Not safe at all.

We just finished clearing the heavy wet snow. Thank goodness for the snow blower! Its actually a nice balmy temp out there close to freezing. No wind. Just a freezing drizzle :(

Today is def a home day therefore a Miserly Monday after all :)

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toffee - writing letters? :) That's an old tradition that I loved doing but apparently its a very lost art. Everyone is online these days.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Dh and ds home today due to lack of work at the company they work for They went down to work on sons rehab rental getting alot done down there so even though its a no pay day they are making a positive out of it. Quicker it gets done the better as it will be a positive instead of negative cash flow . I ran out to drop clothes at the dry cleaner we have a wedding friday night My middle son is the best man so the whole family is invited making pork chops for dinner Its cold and damp and dreary here so catching up on inside chores as there is always something to do. Hopefully I can persuade dh to go to sams club when he gets home need some staples Have a good day everyone stay warm

·
Registered
285 Posts
Toffee - writing letters? :) That's an old tradition that I loved doing but apparently its a very lost art. Everyone is online these days.
Hi, Libby: yes, I have pen-friends, and we communicate by post - on paper - using pens. Quaint, ain't it?
Actually, I'm always open to new postal penpals . . . provided no-one expects me to do anything immediately. In correspondence, I'm a tortoise, not a hare. The letter in front of me, right now, arrived ten days ago.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm not supposed to get the weather change til Wed. Enjoying the
warner temps 47 now but gloomy & rainy. Worked out then came home & showered & washed dishes & washed darks & towels. Made a tea dozy from an old sweater cuff & some buttons & leather string. I picked up the mail. Went & dropped off a bag of stuff at the thrift store then went & got some chai mix at the meat shop. Dropped off a magazine basket at friends. Came home & ate lunch & put away dishes. Put dinner in the crockpot to warm up.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
MISERY Mon.
It is so slooshy and wet here the dogs are constantly going in and out as if the weather will magically transform. And personally driving this doorman a little crazy.

Cant get over to dads for his 85th bday. He prob. doesnt care but no visit,cake or gifts on top of no party.
Missed my Dr. Appt. due to total lack of paying any attention.

TK-great restaint. Dmom used to letter write people and complained that no one does anything but sign their name in cards if they send one at all.
I love BBC television. British humor is a fav. of mine. Grew up watching Benny Hill and Monty Python. I do admit sometimes theres a 30 sec. delay my brain needs to catch what was said but I find it worth watching. Idiot Abroad cracks me up. He talks real fast though so I watch it on prerecorded so I can flip back to catch the whole thing. Ialso like the shows where they go to car boot sales and flea market.
I dont know Lenny. I'll have to see if i can catch it off BBC on "ON DEMAND". or maybe Hulu.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I spent the afternoon with my dil. We went to lunch and sat and talked for hours. Great bonding time. We need to do it more often.

Dh decided to take the day off. Felt bad, but already had plans. He does this to me quite often. Oh well.

Extremely warm today, but will be cooling down thru the week and then hit below 10 degrees before warming back up. These extreme temps are not good for my arthritic knee.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
got dd off to school on the bus (finally back on the bus after way too much driving her to school!!!)
painter came to paint bthrm upstairs in master and re paint the dining room...had to run to paint store and spent $65....but, i wanted the rooms painted, so be it.
went to a job interview and got offered a great PT position that i wasnt really looking for and it is super flexible! so happy about that! did some laudry, put away some other loads of laundry.
made some stuffed sole (from omaha) for dd and i and warmed up LO macncheese and slicedd some more apples for dinner.
helped dd w/ homework.
now i am having a glass of wine just chillin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts