Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out early on Monday morning to take my friend to the airport and me to a doctor's appointment.

Today I also need to make sure I get my 60 minutes exercising in the pool and making lesson plans for the week.

DH and I have been invited out to dinner with friends visiting from the mainland - always fun to visit with.

All that, plus I need to make sure that I get enough rest in to help my ribs heal.

What does you Monday look like??

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Since there is no scholl in NY today I am going to take a trip to the nursing home to see my mother Its about 65 miles each way so its a ride but when school isclosed the traffic in Staten Island is lighter dont really want to go but I have too I really wished I hadnt promised my Dad I would see that my mother is cared for properly (long story she was very abusive) but I did promise wo off I go i hate the trip but It cant be helped. When I get home going to make a roast chicken for dinner and just relax Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I stumbled out of bed just in time to hear the weatherwoman say... Nor'easter :thud:

I was not feeling my tip-top best so the dishes decided to sleep in the sink... I think they multiplied or invited friends over, I didn't think I even OWNED that many dishes!!!

Diva will be back from her Dad's soon, we'll do some laundry and then head over to the grocery store so she can pick the juice mix and ice cream (okay, I need to pick up a few things :lol: )

That's pretty much the planned day, the rest of it will be cocoa and snuggling with her on the sofa and the normal cleaning stuff.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
maui, I hope all goes well with your exercise and lesson-making plans! Dinner w/ friends sounds fun, too :) Lora, I hope your visit passes well with little traffic coming or going, and that you're able to relax and enjoy dinner with the family this evening.

I'll be headed in to work early and my schedule's looking like lunch will be pretty late today. HATE when that happens -- I get cranky and my whole routine feels thrown out of whack! I hope to get a chunk of paperwork done this afternoon, and dinner will be here at home. Probably either tuna melts or a soup of some sort (depending on whether it's warm or cool here with Arkansas' crazy weather).

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Definitely going to be a miserly day for me today. Working most of the day. Will be running home for lunch to let the dogs out since I'm working late, bringing lunch back to work, so no spending there. I have to finish picking up the house when I get home tonight and vacuum, was extremely busy over the weekend and was just too tired. I need to squeeze 30 minutes in on my exercise bike, we will see if that happens! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've gotten he kddos off to school, now it's a cup of coffee...then I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin rolls, some bread, choc chip bars. Gotta finish the laundry, clean up spare room and organize stockpile. The rest of he usual housework and then make dinner and homework with the kiddos. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Morning all! I'm having my fist cup of coffee and just sent my DH off to work. I had to get into my meager savings so he could stop and get sodas, milk and frozen lemonade on his way home. I've totally stopped drinking sodas but he works so hard, I think 4.00 is very little to spend on something he really likes.

I have my grand daughter here with me so while she's playing on her slide, I'm going to get garage sale items tagged and get some ebay listings up.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Suzanne

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
The kids are out of school, but DS has football practice from 8 am to 11 am. DH dropped DS off at school for practice and I'll pick him up afterward.

It's Kids' Day at the fair and I think my two have decided to go with a bunch of friends. Not sure if DD will drive them or if I will drop them off just yet.

Dinner is chicken and dumplings I started yesterday.

It's my mom's 56th birthday so I'll give her a call. I already gave her her gift, a subscription to People Magazine - her favorite thing!

Keeping an eye on my cat, Jack. He has thrown up three times in the past four or five days. Not sure if it's hairball, the new food, or if he is getting sick. Luckily he doesn't act sick and is going to the bathroom like normal so praying it is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning-
Coming off a long weekend. I had a long list of things to do outside today, only to wake up to rain. Blah. Oh well, I've got plenty to do in here today. DH is home today with the day off, and it's my scheduled day off from work, so hopefully he either stays outta my way or pitches in to help with this house! lol

Today is budget day with dh. We are going to discuss how owning his 2007 Dodge MegaRam diesel pickup is NOT a must-have, cost-effective item. Wish me luck...

-Vanessa

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am new to this thread, but really like the idea of making a plan/goals for each day. I think this thread will help me be more productive and accountable each day!

So, I just finished my cappuccino (made at home) and am getting ready for work. I haven't bought a coffee from a coffee shop in 17 days (since we got our new espresso machine)! Which I am proud of. Anyway, I also would like to try and get 6-7 hours of work in today (I am contract, so they don't always have a full days work for me) and then I need to run to the grocery store (list made last night). Before I make dinner, I would like to try and work out for at least 30 minutes.

Possibly, before bed...I would like to get a little more studying in for my written drivers exam (moved from Portland to Chicago, so have to update my license).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey everyone :)

It's a holiday here (Thanksgiving) so it feels more like a Sunday. I've been on Ebay looking for overalls for my 8 y.o.'s Halloween costume. Still haven't found fabric for the rest. *sigh*

Today will be a cooking day as the weather is grey and wet. Will have to run out for milk and possibly some lunch box stuff for the week. The kids are ogin to their dad's for supper so I won't have to cok that today. Did enough cooking yesterday.

Oh and the guinea cage and cat litter cleanups are on the list too. yuck

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Crazy busy day here. Lots of running to do.

-got laundry started this a.m.

Overall there wasn't much to do because hubby cleaned up the house last night and did laundry. What a sweetie.

-After work, I have to take Wesley for a haircut.
-Get home and cook up some pork chops and taters for a quick dinner
-preschool open house.
-promised Wesley a game of Candyland before bed tonight.
-After kids are in bed, I'm doing my Wii Fit.
I'll be solo parenting it because of hubby's patrol schedule.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Not a real busy day off for me today!

did dishes and a few loads of laundry

Got to go hunt down an escaped dog ( I needed a walk anyways!)

I'm going to make bagels in a bit

I have to take kiddo job hunting after school.

EASY day today!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Not a real busy day off for me today!

did dishes and a few loads of laundry

Got to go hunt down an escaped dog ( I needed a walk anyways!)

I'm going to make bagels in a bit

I have to take kiddo job hunting after school.

EASY day today!
What a funny and cute avatar!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It rained off and on all day.I cleaned the front and back entry foyers and the front vestibule. I polished and cleaned the front and back staircases.I had a friend over to help me with a quilt , we are both making a falling leaves pattern.I am still learning and mine is not very good, but I am doing the best I can. I need some patience.Made supper, now getting ready to watch good old Hawaii 5-0. I still love the original, but this is good too! Have a nice evening!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts