Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone doing today?

Usual AM routine of shuffling DH off to work with food & coffee for the day is already done. Need to do the dishwasher thing, give the bathroom a quick tidy and the floors. Possible load of laundry. Might go rake the leaves as well since its a gorgeous day out. :)

Hoping to grill burgers w/buns & salad for dinner. Quick and easy. Will have to be early since I have an early AM blood test tmrw. Blah.

·
Registered
995 Posts
It's already after 7 pm here so my day is almost done.
We had a large party at the weekend for our 35th wedding anniversary.
We were at a luxury cruise ship/hotel for the night on Friday including romantic dinner etc. - this was a gift from our kids and then on Saturday we were whisked away to an afternoon tea (me and the girls) and a golf clinic (hubby and the boys) - also gifts from the kids. In the afternoon there was a party for all of our friends, family and neighbors and afterwards a dinner for the kids, their so's and us.
So today (and yesterday) I did as little as possible.

Ou second son Tim and so Nina (expecting our first grandchild) came for dinner this evening. They are now at the midwife for a check up. She is slowly getting a small bump.

Further LOADS AND LOADS of laundry to catch up with everything.
Tomorrow I will be cleaning.

Reactions: Nana2two and Libby

·
Registered
995 Posts
Want to add - we also had beautiful weather today - it was warm - we could do everything outside without even a jacket (unknown here).

We had a mozzarella/cherry tomato/pesto salad to start and then 'soft' spaghetti bolo with olive bread and herb butter and caesar salad. Then mini cream puffs with coffee as dessert.
I sometimes do this with my spaghetti sauce - add a squeeze of (un-whipped/non-sweetened) cream to the sauce - becomes an amazing 'soft' tasting sauce. (I learned this in Italy.)

Reactions: Nana2two and Libby

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Did a little exercise, went to grocery store and dollar store. Grocery store had underwear on sale for 1/2 off so was able to stock up also found knee socks. Nice sunny fall day here. Should do laundry but will wait until Wednesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts