Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband we have been separated since July came over to visit DD tonight. I answered the door and there he was with flowers. I asked him what the occasion was and he said what day is it. I said Wed. He said it is our wedding anniv. He goes 9 years today. Slipped my mind all together with everything going on. I know that we have talked about maybe trying to work things out sometime but it wouldn't be for a few years. I told him that he had to start being more financial responsible and several other things had to be worked on before I would even think about trying couples therapy again. I told him he needs to work on himself and I am trying to work on myself. And that he needs to start to believe in our daughters issues instead of running from them. By they way I didn't say all this after he gave me the flowers this is a disscusion we have had before.

I thought it was sweet but at the same time strange because we are separated.

·
19,119 Posts
Rhiamon - you're right - a very sweet gesture - and it shows he's been thinking of you. You are a very wise young woman and know what's right for you and your DD - follow your path!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Agree with MM, but did want to add that you'll know when the time is ~right~. Apparently though, that time isn't here yet. Best to wait for it, being careful not to be "flattered" into it with flowers, etc....but I do think that it was nice of him to remember. And I hope so much that you guys do work it out. I'm guessing there's still alot of good feelings between the two of you's, and with that still being there, I think it'll just be a matter of time. You know what they say....Absence does make the heart grow fonder". After that, maybe ALL else can be worked out. It seems promising to me anyway! :)

Hoping the best for you and your marriage and family!

HUGS!!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Meh - it shows he thinks minor gestures matter but major behaviors don't, if you ask me. ;)

Reactions: Rhiamon and piney

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Oh Greebo, you are priceless :laugh: but so right.

Stick to your goals rhiamon and time will tell if you two should be back together. Good luck! :hugz:

Reactions: Rhiamon and piney
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.