Home:
~clean out playroom closet
~keep up with laundry
~make a strong effort to cook meals at home

Children:
~continue encouragement notes on refrigerator door
~check DS10's assignment book every night
~check DS peak flow meter every am and pm
~get DD14 to clean her room (hey, I can dream)

Husband:
~Continue Sat. morning breakfast "dates"
~continue early morning workouts

Church:
~cook once per semester for Youth group Wed. night suppers (Oct. 19 is my date)
~tithe
~attend homecoming on Oct. 3 at mom's little country church (POTLUCK!)

Work:
~get help with 4th grade student's placement (this is my 1st year in Special Ed, and I'm not afraid to ask for help)

Financial:
~finish Christmas shopping--paying cash, of course (Yippeee)
~continue placing $$ in savings (I CAN do it!)

Well, these are all ongoing goals. I do my best always, but once in a while I fail. When I do, I'll learn to refer back to my list, and get right back on track!

Good luck to you all!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
:cheer4: You can do it!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MomK's Oct. goals update

Since I first posted my list ( a mere 2 days ago), I have:

~kept up with the laundry and ironing (I know, it's only been 2 days...but, still...)
~baked 2 cakes (that wasn't one of my goals, but I did it, so I'm listing it!)
~cooked all meals at home (tasty, too, I might add)
~cleaned DD, DS, and exchange student rooms (I did it for the sheer pleasure)
~made progress on the placement for the child in my class

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: The 4th grader has been placed, and is doing well.
I am keeping up with the laundry pretty well.
I am checking DS's peak flow meter every am and pm. (He now knows how to do it for himself. I just make sure he does it.)
DD's room...still a disaster.
DH and I haven't worked out in the a.m. lately because I've been sick. Gotta get back on track!
Been cooking most meals, but not tonight. DD, exchange student, and I are going to eat Mexican!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
hey, i was just checking in on your goals.

i think i will start posting goals in my own thread. seems to help see it written out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't believe October is almost over! Homecoming is this Friday...on Halloween!
It's also Red Ribbon Week at school. The kids are going to be CRAZY!

~Keeping up with laundry! 4 loads per day. Actually, I enjoy it, or I would get DKs to help!
~DH & I have been having our weekly breakfast "dates." Except for today. DH is going to watch the Razorbacks in Fayetteville today. DKs and I are going with a friend to ride horses and eat lunch in a real, live restaurant. LOL
~School is going so well. We had PT conferences, and all my parents are pleased with their children's progress. I teach Special Ed, and I really work hard to have high expectations for those kids. They need someone to believe in them and push them!
~Unfortunately, I have NOT finished the Christmas shopping! I have made great strides, and I feel like I'm almost there! I had to send back a digital camera that I bought for DS. It was more of a toy than a real camera. We're going to NYC in June, and I want him to have a good camera. I have a list for everyone, and I'm slowly crossing off items from it.
~I took the Christmas photo of DKs for our Christmas card. It's on my signature! It's not actually "Christmassey," but I caught the kids after church on one Sunday, and snapped it. So, we're using it!
~ DS is doing so well with his allergies. Now, all I have to say is: "Go take your flow meter & your medicine." He just goes right in there and takes it all himself. It's really helping him concentrate in school. He's getting better nights' sleep each night, so he's performing better in school!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts