Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the beginning of a new "work week" for me, so I thought I would post our roll call thread for this week. I ordered supplies and such and hope to see the order get here tomorrow. It was ordered last week, but i have some plans already set for the products i ordered for myself. I got together a few mailings together and have them addressed to go out tomorrow too. Plus I have gone through my filing system and cleaned it up and updated some.

So, that's what I have done so far this week. What have you done for your home based business :D ?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I love this thread Melissa. Its neat to see what other home-based businesses are doing.

We took some of our crafts up north on the weekend and are hoping that we sell everything we took quickly. We also have a check coming from BC for items we sold there.

Were picking up some wood to start making our Christmas ornaments and today I called about another craft sale and sent our check for a repeat sale from last year.

This is our really busy time.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow CJ Sounds like you have been really busy!!! The best of luck on your craft sales!!

I love this thread too, I love to see what others do for their homebased businesses, and the variety of those homebased businesses is incredible! There are so many of us that do homebased businesses, and I have fun seeing what everyone is doing. :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sent out remiders and thank you's to hostesses depending on what is happening. I have 2 parties comming up and a few cataloge parties. So I am in wait mode. I did get a new shippment. We have new products coming out so I just got my new cataloges and a few new products.

I can't wait to show them:hurray:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool!!! I have a shipment comming tomorrow...i love getting boxes in the mail, even if the stuff isn't all mine! It's like my birthday getting to open the box!!!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I have an order coming in from a bride who's relative didn't call me ahead of time so she had to do a gift certificate. I have a display/sample order coming in. I have 2 shows to do later this month and maybe one more. :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
No sales from my store yet but I have been selling diapers on auction. I have a festival coming up in October I will take some diapers and biz cards but mostly I will sell patchwork stuff there so I need to get some sewn up. I am trying my hand at making diaper covers today.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Well I went through all our craft items this morning and started doing the varathane on them. This afternoon, I'll start to paint some of the ornaments.

I also got another craft sale that I'm booking today.

I also need to look at getting some business cards made up. Our printer died, so I'll have to get them printed up professionally, but thats okay. I want to put on the back of the business cards what wood we use for our crafts. Along with that, I need to order a business stamp so we can stamp the bottom of our craft items.

Starting in the new year, were really going to start pushing our home-based business. Seeing as dh only has 14 mos. till age 60 (our goal is he retires then), our home business will be our main income.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've been giving my direct sales business some serious thought this week and I've come to a couple of decisions. I'm 99% positive that I'm going to give up Natural Bodycare and Highlights-Jigsaw. I'm am going to focus my energy on my full-time job, volunteering at the animal shelter, Avon and....I'm starting a cosmetics company with a friend of mine. We found a company that will make the products for us, we get to choose the formula and all the colors, and we are deciding how we want to sell the items. So, that's where my energy is now. Plus, I'm also taking a course to get my certificate to be a personal trainer.

Good luck to everyone!

Gina

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow Gina!!! Good for you! I wish you the best of luck in your new cosmetics business!!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Good luck Gina on your new business adventure. Keep us posted as to how it goes.

Yesterday I started painting ornaments for Christmas. I also painted backings for some clocks and did the verathane as well on the clocks and a couple of craft items as well.

Today, I'll be painting more ornaments and putting the backs on the clocks.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today I got some more mailings headed out, and I am signed up to do a swap project with other demonstrators. I also have sent out a few "feelers" about getting party bookings. So...doing good here today. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yesterday I started the process of my website with the designer!! Exciting! I am doing a craft show on Oct 19th so I am getting ready to place a HUGE order for supplies in about 2 weeks. I have to wait for the money to come in first. I finalized my scent list and all the supplies I am going to need. Planning my labels and hang tags. I've been test burning candles and overall very, very busy with it all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.