Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or however that oldies song goes - this is exactly why I dont do karaoke! :laugh:

Good Morning Ladies!

This am I have gotten my stitch taken out at the hospital and now my toe hurts big time. I am home for a bit waiting for advil to kick in before I head back to work. I have washed my bed linens from the pull out couch, lysol'ed it and folded it back up into a couch and picked up the living room, now that its back to being just that - not my makeshift bedroom :lol: I've packed my lunch and now I am going to have breakfast soon. Once the bed linens go into the dyer, I guess I can head off to work - Yippee!!!

Whats left to do AFTER work:

* pay more bills online
* re-adjust my budget
* fold the bed linens and put away
* one small load of laundry - work clothes (heh, today Im going in jeans!)
* call and check on the bf - as hes sick with the flu at his house (thank goodness cuz I know Id catch it real good :()

Have a great day ladies! :wave2:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Today we are doing school. I've taken the oldest to her Spanish class, and then have done piano & reading with 4yr old. After we do math & reading with the oldest we are going to spend the rest of the day on Chinese New Year activities. Which will involve cooking dinner - chicken fried rice, beef & broccoli stir fry. I need to do laundry today and plan on finishing my crochet project.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Staying home and finishing laundry today. We have all been sick with the flu the last several days. Body still aches. lol

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hooray for statutory holidays! It's Family Day here in Alberta, and I just rolled out of bed. I have to go grocery shopping today, then do some cooking and baking, laundry, finish off my seminar and then my landlord is coming to look at my hot water heater.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good morning all! It's a beautiful sunny day here with temps in the low 60's!Just wonderful. Todays agenda:

* Clean litter box
*Hang load of laundry
*Clean bathroom
*Supper and dishes
*Vacuum kitchen floor
Can't do much, DH is on nights this week and is sleeping. Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The weather is beautiful here- snow started melting yesterday and should be gone by tomorrow. Half the office is home sick, the rest of us are sitting at our desks sniffling and coughing.
I have a little reading to do for class tonight. Need to sweep off the porches and wipe off the plastic patio furniture. Feeling feverish myself so tonight will be spaghetti (not ordering take out - but not up to standing over the stove for a half hour to make dinner). Have to get the kids to double check their back packs and such as they go back to school tomorrow after being out since 2/14.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I just want to :rest: today! DS sleeps through the night most of the time now, but last night he got up not once, but twice during the night, and was up for the day by 6am. :ache:

Me today -----> :coffee3:
LOL!

So far I've:
- talked DH through the grocery store via cellphone :rolleyes:
- made everyone eggs for breakfast
- done my weekly menu plan & updated my cooking blog
- ordered new checks online

I still need to:
- take DD to the "slide store" (aka: the indoor playground at our YMCA ;) ) as promised
- do a sinkful of dishes :shame:
- general cleaning-- pick-up of toys and clutter, sweep, mop, clean the guest bathroom
- check on something I ordered online
- make supper
- address two letters I've written and get them mailed
- renew a library book online, or maybe just run to the library... we'll see!
- do my daily Bible study

Happy Monday, everyone! :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good afternoon! :wave:

I took the day off to be home with DS#2 who is sick once again!! I think it is the flu....body aches and fever. He is miserable. I guess I will take him to the dr. if it continues or worsens.

I have class tonight, but DH will be here to tend to the sick. :)

I forgot today was President's Day and was going to mail out a letter to DS#1 but the mail carrier never came and picked it up. DUH! It's because they are closed. :( Oh well, it will be ready to mail tomorrow.

I need to take advantage of the day and read my British Lit homework assignment. I also need to study for a Government quiz. I am ready for spring break so I can take time to get my research items together without having to rush or stress.

I haven't done much today except tend to the sick. I need to put away dishes from yesterday, fold some laundry from yesterday, and do the floors.

·
Registered
589 Posts
lets see....hummmmm.....
I paid off the car:smirk:
laundry
mopped the floors
dishes
dinner will be fried chicken and mashies
wipe down bathrooms
fold clothes
and a nap

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
lets see....hummmmm.....
I paid off the car:smirk:
laundry
mopped the floors
dishes
dinner will be fried chicken and mashies
wipe down bathrooms
fold clothes
and a nap
Congrats on paying off the car! What a great feeling, huh?:vibes:

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is a beautiful day here! 74 degrees and wonderfully sunny!

I have so far...
~ Showered, dressed, made bed, fed everyone breakfast, and all kiddos got dressed with rooms picked up
~ Vaccummed and dusted
~ did diaper laundry and two reg loads, those are all put away
~ did lunch and sent DH and DS out of town to the doc and to pick up stuff for the new house
~ Sold a pair of wool shorts on a diaper website
~ TAlked to my mom a bit
~ Went to walmart to do Birthday and house shopping then to the hardware store for paint
~ Finished a crocheted skirt for sale

Still need to:
~ TAke DD to piano
~ Cook supper
~ sew curtains (need to get at least 3 done)
~ Work on shorts for an order
~ Maybe go to new house and paint trim in the living room

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
74 degrees?? Man, I was excited that it's in the high 20s today. *sigh*

So far I have
+ Gone to my Proseminar to discuss culture industry and Capitalist control of society
+ Finished entering movie data into a huge data set that has easily taken 20 hours of work
+ Shipped off some clothes I sold on eBay
+ Enjoyed sitting in the computer lab in my office to hear crazy gossip about my colleagues' students

Am about to:
+ Sign up to meet with my TA advisor
+ Pick up a book that's on hold at the library

Still need to:
+ Buy some groceries
+ Read for Social Influence class
+ Finish a paper for Social Influence class
+ Re-work my initial attempt at my conference presentation

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
It is our anniversary so DH is home with us today. The kids are doing school work and their housework. DH and I are being so lazy. He did some taxreturns for family members this am before I got up. Other than that he has pretty much slept all day and I have been just sitting around and snacking.I cannot seem to get my food craving satified. I doubt we do too much more today. It has been nice to just hang out and enjoy our day being lazy bums.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Today I need to:
Clean up kitchen
Begin dinner in crockpot
Clean litter box
Take out trash
Wipe down the bathroom
Begin laundry (oops, I almost forgot about it)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Good morning ladies. Today it's a windy 46* here but that's alright I have plenty to catch up on since I've been down with the flu all weekend:sigh: still not feeling all that great but someone needs to get this house back in order & I guess it's gotta be me :loop: :lol:

So far today I have...
cleaned kitchen
organized junk drawer
had breakfast & :coffee:
took meds :toothy:
called pharmacy
gave :purpcat: her meds
watered plants
trimmed a plant
got a load of laundry washing
cleaned out the fridge
dusted the livingroom
organized my books
folded some blankets to put away
got my dairy delivered
scanned & put the dairy away
charged my scanner
sent in my scans
cleaned underneath the kitchen sink
did my daily surveys
straightened up the sofa cover
went through a bunch of recipes

nap time yet? :rolleyes: :lol:

still need to...
clean office
go through coupons
clean out file cabinet drawer
do my daily reading
take out recycling & garbage
heat up left overs for dinner
wash dishes
clean bathroom
:relieved: I'm exhausted just typing this list of what I need to do today :lol3:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Back to work today. Let me start off by saying that I HATE WINTER :snowing:

Anyway, worked 7-4, now I'm home and no one else is :hurray:

Got meatballs and sauce heating for spaghetti.

Need to go over my notes for my band auxiliary meeting tonight.

Reading the boards

Make Courtney's lunch for tomorrow

Lay out her clothes and mine

Try to be home from meeting in time for my 8:00 shows. :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Worked today as normal
Tonight I need to get off the darn computer and move it! LOL

Run the sweeper
Do a load or 2 of laundry
Sweep and mop kitchen floor
Make pitcher instant milk
cook a few things ( pudding for DH, chops that did NOT get done over the weekend)
Feed the animals and scoop out the cat litter box
Pick up the office and the extra room
and hopefully get a long hot bath and read a magazine while soaking!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Worked today from 6-3:40. Working ahead a bit since I have to take dad to the Dr. on Wednesday. DH made dinner and is doing dishes.

Tonight I have to
1. Take a walk with DD
2. Input a couple of mystery shops I did
3. Fold Laundry
4. Craft
5. REad

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I didnt do much today since I have caught a cold and not feeling up to par but I did manage to:

~ Pay some bills online
~ Relax and take a bath
~ Watch some tv
~ Hang out and play with DD
~ Let the doggies out
~ Clean up bathroom
~ Check email and hang on FV
~ Cook/Reheat dinner
~ Pick up DH from airport (still to do)

I hope to feel a bit better tomorrow so I can do more, just didnt feel up to it today.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Happy Anniversary Leigh! Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful one!

I am trying to get our house ready to go on the market. What a job! Kids keep making a mess right behind me, so what's the use! lol I am really needing to declutter, clean out closets, and do deep cleaning like windows, walls and baseboards, and lots of YUCKY stuff like that! :shake: Seems never ending! We also had some painters/drywallers here today fixing some cracks in the ceiling, and they left a big mess for me to clean up. Smeared drywall all over the wood floors. Sorry, wasn't planning to vent! That is the extent of my life for the next few weeks ~ one house project after another until hopefully it will finally be done and we can start showing it!!

Anyone have some good tips when showing a house? This is the first time I've done this. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts