Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The saga continues... MIL got kicked out of the place she was renting because she complained and bitched too much and her friends had taken her into their basement and she wore them down. So now she's moved in with BIL and wasn't satisfied with a roof over her head, she calls us screaming that (how dare him!) BIL doesn't have cable.
So, now with no rent and making $11, she skips her car pymt because they told her she could have a month's grace a while back - and the car is repo'd. She then goes to her dad for a loan to pay off the car and is now irate that the loan has to be paid back.
And all this happened during the week that I took my wife on vacation to celebrate our 10th anniv & her b'day (months apart but one big trip covered it all) so of course, we were "out partying and blowing wads of cash while they were destitute" (MIL's words, not mine)

Whenever we ask about a budget, she can't make one because she has no money to budget - but we found out she lied and signed back up for Ancestry.com and takes the BIL's ex-wife's kid (no relation) out all the time.

To top it off, my wife broke her arm in Saturday (today is Wednesday) and her mom hasn't even called or written to see how it is feeling. That's sad.

So I wrote a thank you note to my family who has been calling and writing and joking by calling my wife "Grace" and added MIL's email on there - it may have been mean spirited but I am tired of this woman and I wanted her to see how good my family is to my wife.

I just needed to vent...ty

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
In laws can be very trying. It sounds like you have set up some boundaries, just keep your chin up.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
So I wrote a thank you note to my family who has been calling and writing and joking by calling my wife "Grace" and added MIL's email on there - it may have been mean spirited but I am tired of this woman and I wanted her to see how good my family is to my wife.
Honestly, do you really thinks she cares? No.
Do you think she'll read beyond the first few lines? No.

What a pain in the a$$..Change your phone number.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I am so sorry. Take good care of yourself and your wife. Family issues can really wear you down and have a negative affect on every aspect of your life.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Im so sorry your going through this> i had my own family members act like this at times and its getting better at my inlaws. i feel for ya, i really do.
All I can tell ya is that you have to keep as much distance as you can and negativity away from your and your family.
Family can bring you down and cause so much stress that can tear you apart.

·
19,119 Posts
Vent all you need to. Can't let that woman share her craziness and negativity or let in infect your family. Glad you got to celebrate with your DW - tell her we hope she gets better soon!! Take care!! These things happen, it's how we react to them that counts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts