Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night there were the best northern lights so far this year, at least visible to us. Supposed to be just as good or better tonight, but of course, it's cloudy. I tried a different location, I wanted to try composing some shots with some of the town lights in the frame. I think they turned out ok, might have been brighter and more colorful out of town though.

They filled the sky last night, you honestly couldn't see them all at once. From the Eastern horizon to the Western horizon, and above your head until you were looking slightly south.

Turning out to be a great year for solar activity, and it's just supposed to build all the way through next year.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some I took in my backyard around midnight last night:

I've got over 100 pictures of the northern lights so far this year. It's been EXTREMELY active, and it's supposed to keep building.

Next weekend I'm heading up to a railroad siding halfway between Gillam and Churchill called McClintock, to help out with a big dogsled race (Hudson Bay Quest Dog Sled Race - 220 Miles by Dog Team Through Polar Bear Country; Gillam to Churchill, Manitoba, Canada), so I hope the skies are clear and the lights are out up there. Hoping for a "perfect" composition with a number of dogsled teams bedded down for the night with the Northern Lights shining over the tundra.

Here's hopin'!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
those pictures are amazing! I would love to see it someday, you are really lucky to have that in your backyard!

Reactions: low-1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ugh, I am so jealous!!! I would love to have that in my backyard!! someday, someday, someday.... can we come visit??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.