Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so tired i hand picked 12 lbs of strawberry's to dehydrate and bought a peck of apples to do tomorrow its 87 here in wv and the humidity is so bad im glad im home now -going to dry the strawberry,s in halves like on one of the recipies from the forum that is after i get cool first

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Strawberries, yum!! :) I have a pot of rhubarb cooling on the stove. 8qt pot of rhubarb cooked, added 1 lg box of strawb jello, stir, then added 2-1# pkgs of peaches (from the $Store-nice), sugar & Fruit Fresh. I'll let that cool & freeze. @ least this winter you'll be eating berries & me/rhubarb! Delish!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I love strawberries. This year I planted 25 in big pots in the front of my house. So far I have green strawberries. Can not wait till they turn red:)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also have a huge patch of wild raspberry,s that are turning black si it looks like ill be picking them very soon -think ill make jam with them ans save some for cobblers ---mmmmmmmmm cobblers

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally done all the dehydrators going it takes a long time to clean 12 lbs of strawberry's

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Dried strawberries are a wonderful snack too! I slice each strawberry into several thin slices before drying them, with a little gadget that looks like one of those hard-boiled eggs or mushroom slicers, but is strawberry shaped. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just slice them in half and dry them like that it works for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts