Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you got one?

I think mine would be the old wood camping boxes Dad had his students make for work in the bush. He was a wildlife biologist. Somehow I got those boxes. I've been using them for coffee tables ever since. Finally last year I stained the ugly plywood with a dark stain we had leftover from another project. I topped it with a handwoven runner and it looks absolutely gorgeous!

This summer's project is to overpaint the red camping box in the living room...

·
Registered
768 Posts
I found a wooden crate from WWII with the original paint. It's all chipping and damaged, and I love it. I think maybe it was for ammunition?? Anyway, I sealed it with clear poly, and use it for a coffee table, or sometimes extra seating. I only paid $24.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! It's amazing what you can do when you look at things with a creative eye.

I remember a microwave stand we had that wasn't what we needed. We needed a TV stand. DH cut it down, added a shelf, put a new plywood top with laminate on it, painted it, and voila! a TV stand! We still use that thing.

I think I would be hard pressed to find a label for my decorating style. It's a real mix!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I love the nice long wooden ammo box I found last month for $10. I'm going to use it for cd's, if I remember right it should hold about 300 cd's.

Cat

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! 300 CDs is a lot of CDs! We used boards from our old fence to make a CD tower. But no way is it enough for the entire collection. I inherited some classical and opera from my mom. We've split the collection up all over the house. Each computer has a stash of CDs by it. Each floor has a stash of CDs by a CD player somewhere. It's kind of confusing, but it sure encourages listening to different types of music/artists!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts