Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Inactive
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides your refrigerator/freezer, stove, oven, and microwave (all of which could be considered "basics") what appliance do you find the most useful in your kitchen?

For myself and my husband, I would say that it's the crockpot. Followed closely by our George Foreman grill.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I would say my crock pot followed closely by the bread maker then the mixer.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I don't have many 'electric appliances' which is what I think you were looking for... so, I will list the ones I do have in order of importance/use...

crockpot -- bought -- used often, can not remember life without it
coffee machine -- bought -- used very often, could live without it because I do have a stove top perk
rice steamer -- bought -- used often, could live without it but choose not to
bread machine -- free -- used often, but would not pay to replace

that's it :lol:

I do walk down the appliance aisle and wonder what life would be like with a KitchenAid mixer... after I stop drooling, I keep walking down the aisle... I want it (I want it BAD) but I know I can get by without one. If one was to magically appear with a bow and my name, I would definitely not complain :lol3:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Mine is my skillet. :D

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Big electric skillet.

Over the holidays I'm going to start using my new pressure cooker, and as I get more used to that, it may move up to #1.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
my crockpot is mine. Followed closely by my blender (I have to drink a lot of protein shakes).

·
Registered
956 Posts
mine is probably the toaster oven. It's not necessary at all, since I could do it all it my regular oven, but I like that it doesn't use as much electric or heat up the kitchen as much. It gets used very often. The crockpot is a close second, but we tend not to use it as often.

·
Registered
131 Posts
probably first would be my crock pot, close second would be my kitchenaid stand mixer(does everything but cook the veggies) Lady V, it did kind of magically appear with my name on it.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Coffee pot - used daily and then some.

Followed by either my rice cooker or my blender. Both are used regularly.

Air popper. Gotta have that popcorn.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ours is definitely the coffee pot! After that it would have to be my fry daddy, we use it almost every day!

·
27,948 Posts
Kitchen-aid and air popcorn maker are tops on our list. Enjoy my stick blender & coffee grinder & coffee maker too.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Coffee maker then toaster then crockpot in that order of importance for us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My coffee-maker is the only appliance besides the basics that I use a whole lot. Second would be the toaster, third would be my hand-held mixer.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Another crock pot vote here closely followed by my Salad Shooter.

Cat

1 - 20 of 24 Posts