Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 14th is less than a month away. What are you doing for the day?

I have some blank greeting cards and envelopes that I will personalize for mom. Probably will also bake a cake...red velvet with cream cheese icing.

What are you doing?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Not much....... my mom passed away 11 years ago and MIL passed away 16 years ago..most likely I'll watch the grandkids so dad can work
Fern

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
My parents both passed away a few years back.. So I will more than likely do something with my husbands mother.. I will get her something nice, and a plant or something.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Not sure. As it sometimes happens, Mother's Day coincides with my birthday again. Not only that, but it is my dad's birthday, as well. We usually get thrown one big blanket birthday/mother's day barbeque party to include a niece who's birthday is the 11th, along with all the other mom's that will be there (my mom and sis's). Should be fun. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'll send my mom a card and have the boys color some pics for her refridgerator. I lost track of time and didn't realize Mom's Day was almost here. My MIL is coming to town for my hubby's graduation (the 9th) and leaving the 13th. Also my FIL's bday is that same week, so we'll probably do something for them while they're here. I guess I should get my act together and plan something.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always hate holidays, birthdays, etc. creeping up on me. Someone told me one time they had a planner for organizing that kind of stuff. I need one of those.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Since my mom passed away a year ago I will be just doing something for MIL. It won't be much, but something cool.

Kellie

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have no idea what so ever!!! Probably take her out to dinner and get a plant or something.....

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
My family are all going together and getting my mom a new washer-- her's went kaput.

I'll fix lunch and all that too.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
pammyboat said:
Not sure. As it sometimes happens, Mother's Day coincides with my birthday again. Not only that, but it is my dad's birthday, as well. We usually get thrown one big blanket birthday/mother's day barbeque party to include a niece who's birthday is the 11th, along with all the other mom's that will be there (my mom and sis's). Should be fun. :)
The birthday thing happens to me a lot too. Plus my step-mil's bday is on May 3rd, then mine on the 9th, and my bil's on the 11th. I am happ that it's on the 14th this year so I don't have to spend my bday with my MIL. I had to do that a couple of years ago, and it was awful.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
wendy said:
I always hate holidays, birthdays, etc. creeping up on me. Someone told me one time they had a planner for organizing that kind of stuff. I need one of those.

I set up reminders in my Yahoo email. Works great :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
As to the OP, I think we'll just have lunch here or something. My bil's surgery (colon cancer) is scheduled for 4/28, so what we do depends a lot on how he's doing.

My mother is in PA, so I won't be seeing her that day. I might make her something though.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
We're going to celebrate on Sat. the 13th at our annual Garden Party. Got her a new tea pot for her collection. She'll come down and spend a few hours visiting with me and DH plus about 100 different folks throught the day. She enjoys our parties about as must as DH and I do. Mom has a nack for meeting folks and being able to hold a conversation with a post swinging in the breeze. Since we have a wide variety of folks at our Garden Parties she enjoys the visit time.

Laurie in Bradenton

1 - 14 of 14 Posts