Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm sitting in the dentist's chair this morning waiting for him to come in and browsing through a magazine. I see this ad for this monogrammed jewelry and fall in love with this platinum ring! You can have your kids' names put on it connected by hearts. It is so cute!!! I am not usually drawn to "stuff", but occasionally I feel like splurging! Usually I just tell my family not to get me anything, but I'm considering asking for this for Mother's Day! Would you pay $189. for this ring? Be truthful! :) Carved Creations Personalized Jewelry and Rings For an Annniversary, Mothers, Graduation, Birth of a Child, Christening and many more important life events.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I'm not sure?
How well do stainless steel rings last?

I like the concept of the name ring.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, you guys probably think I had a temporary loss of sanity :loop: and fell off the frugal bandwagon . . . and, I think I did (for a few hours, :lol:). It is such a cute ring, and fun to dream, but I doubt I'd spend THAT much on it!

·
Registered
336 Posts
No, I would not spend that much on a ring like that. You can get a cheaper ring on QVC or HSN and have it engraved yourself for way less and a quality metal. Check them out online. They even have great clearance jewelry.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have always loved the idea of a Mother's ring, and someday I hope to have one. :)

I like the idea of stainless steel, but I don't know much about how durable it is.

Personally if I were going to spend that kind of money on a ring, I would want it to be gold w/birthstones.

Just my two :cents:

Reactions: frugalfriend

·
Registered
851 Posts
When you say the 'platinum' ring costs, I was thinking, 'that's too good to be true', after I visited that web-site, I agree w/ the other posts, stainless steel at that price, way too expensive. I believe there is some better deal in some jewelery sites.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much. I think, if you looked around, you could find something you like just as much for less.

I love the stuff at this Etsy shop and they have a ring, for much less. Granted, it's sterling silver, so it may not hold up very well, depending on how much you wear it. I don't know much about jewelry. But it's a much more affordable option. :tay:

BRAG BANDS Family Bragging Personalized Hand by BragAboutIt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts