Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mother's Day is one of those holidays where they give us the Big Push to eat out at restaurants. Do you cook at home instead of giving into the temptation to eat out? If so, what does your home-cooked Mother's Day menu look like?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hmmm .... haven't given it much thought.

Frankly, I don't mind throwing something in the crockpot. Especially if the kids clean up.

Or maybe DH will grill. That'd be nice.

But I wouldn't want to go out. The crowds. The wait. The expense.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
My dd and dh make me breakfast, and I force it down, since I don't usually eat breakfast. lol

Then for dinner, they always take me to either Ruby Tuesdays or Olive GArden.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then for dinner, they always take me to either Ruby Tuesdays or Olive GArden.
Ugh...Olive Garden...here it's a 45 minute wait to get seated on a regular day, I can't imagine what the wait would be like on Mother's Day! (The food is good, but I just can't handle waiting 45+ minutes to be seated. I could have cooked the meal myself in that amount of time!)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I don't care what we do or don't do ~ but I'm NOT cooking!
Same.

Ugh...Olive Garden...here it's a 45 minute wait to get seated on a regular day, I can't imagine what the wait would be like on Mother's Day! (The food is good, but I just can't handle waiting 45+ minutes to be seated. I could have cooked the meal myself in that amount of time!)
Haha, yes! Love Olive Garden but not waiting that long. (unless I'm waiting at the bar.)

Erm, I don't even know when Mother's Day is this year. :ponder:

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(unless I'm waiting at the bar.)

Erm, I don't even know when Mother's Day is this year. :ponder:
I like the way you think! :D

Mother's Day is next Sunday, May 9, 2010.

·
19,119 Posts
Next Sunday Palooka!!

DH ill cook something wonderful I'm sure!! Hope that there is a good movie playing 'cause that's what I really want to do!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Next Sunday Palooka!!

DH ill cook something wonderful I'm sure!! Hope that there is a good movie playing 'cause that's what I really want to do!!
That sounds nice. I don't think I would want my dh to attempt to cook on Mother's day. :p I rather wait at Olive Garden. heh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts