Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to decide on a costume this year. I've come to the conclusion I want to be a movie character. My boyfriend has decided that he will be Rufio from the movie Hook. I think it's an awesome idea because I've never seen someone dress up like that before. I will be making this costume over the next few weeks. I myself have had a complete brain fart and can't think of any really neat ideas for a costume. I want to be something unique like him. This is the part where I ask for your help again. :)

I'm looking for female characters in fantasy, sci fi, horror or even comedies. It can be live people or cartoons/animated. A female that supported the main actor(s) but wasn't a main character herself and wasn't in the limelight the whole time. An example would be Marla from Fight Club or Oona the fairy from Legend. Hopefully someone who has a partiular way of dressing or a recognizable outfit, not just regular clothes.

Sorry this is so long, thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hahaha, that's awesome. I totally had a crush on Rufio back in the day. Like McD said, you should be tinkerbell.

Or, what about whatsherface from The Fifth Element? Main character in the Resident Evil movies.... anywho, it'd actually be a pretty simple costume to put together. Leeloo, that's it. She wore that white tee with the neon orange overall strap type things.

Reactions: Rhayne

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Betty Rubble
Tuesday (Adams family)
Thelma (Scooby-Doo)
Here is a link to the Top 50 sexy sci-fi costumes - Den of Geek ***Disclaimer - I know nothing about sci-fi and have not really looked through this list. I just googled sci-fi costumes and then posted it here.
I would think Star trek had to have had some female characters with unique looks.

Reactions: Rhayne

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If he is going as Rufio, you could rock out the Julia Roberts/Tinkerbell look.

Hermione Granger if you like Harry Potter.
I was thinking of Tinkerbell. It's my "fall back on" costume if I can't come up with anything else. I LOVE Harry Potter, thats a good idea too.

Also thanks Neeley for the link!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay...it was a commercial, not a movie or TV...but I saw a girl dressed as Flo from the insurance commercials. It was a GREAT likeness, and looked pretty easy to put together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.