Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a scrapbook that is spiral bound.  How do I work the pages?  Do I just glue things to the pages?  I can't for the life of me fiugure out WHY I bought a spiral bound SB!!  UGH!! 

Anyway the cover is plain (navy blue). any ideas on sprucing it up?  

Any ideas are more than welcomed.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Well, I think what I'd do is attatch my pages to the spiral bound ones. Meaning I would do my page, then adhere...using any number of adhesives available. I like the Hermafix. It is in a dispenser and rolls on. Pretty neat and convienient. I use it alot. I would have trimmed the page I am working on to slightly smaller than the spiral bound one and then center it on the spiral bound one for adhering. Now, if you wanted to protect them, you can still do so. In many scrapbook stores, or craft stores for that matter, they have sleeves that will slide over the page. I have never used them as my books (the spiral ones at least) have been small and not for longevity. But if you wanted to, the protective sleeves are available.

As for the cover...I am practically drooling here. This is probably one of my favorite things to do...embellishments!! You can do any number of things...is your book going to be somewhat random, or will it be themed? either way you could do the front to reflect that. You can use fibers, charms, brads, beads....stamps, stickers, I could go on and on and on. here is a link to some supplies that might inspire you. http://www.paperwishes.com/categories/Whats_New/Embellishments/ I am leaning towards the tiny metal charms with the metal words further down the list there. For instance if it were going to be a family themed book, I would use the tiny charms or the keys and the metal word family to start on the cover. Just an idea. there are thousands of options.

:D

Have fun, and don't forget to let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I actually have several to do. One for my sister, her daughter, one for our family (generic) and one for Daniel (the navy blue one) I do have tiny metal charms but wasn't sure if that would be appropriate for a guy. I will definatly show my work. I'm so giddy about this. I bought artifical flowers & leaves to do the Autumn season, Christmas items, scrap packs, fibers, yarns,wire to make my own embellishments,stamps,ribbon, glitter,confetti,mini decks of cards,cording etc all for about $30.00 at Big Lots, Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart.

I do have one other question, I printed out (on card stock) lots of different things, these can still be used as die cuts right? I've already cut them out.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I would mount them to a acid free card stock. I don't know much about computer inks, but I know my computers ink eventually bleeds into papers behind it when i have a stack of papers that get at all humid. So I would mount them to a acid free cardstock before using them on a page. Or if already printed on an acid free card stock, I would just keep them from touching a photograph directly. I just worry about the ink bleeding in humidity and causing damage to a photo after all the work put into building a page.

But in all honesty, I have done books before I knew about "acid free, lignen free, and acrhival qualities"; in time I will re-do those books. So far, so good, although some colors have faded on the embellishments I had used. But not so much that we don't still enjoy the books and the stories behind the memories therein.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts