Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister let my son play outside and he got in the mud its all over them. I already tried to use my laundry soap as a pretreated. I make my own. I am limited on what I can use due to alleges. Any ideas would help.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Cascade and biz, this will take out about anything! Mix about a 1/4 of a cup of each (I measure by the handful) into the kitchen sink. Start with hot water to dissolve it, swish it around until its dissolved.....then fill with warm water. Soak the stained pants in the sink for at least 1/2 hour, bouncing them around in the water each time you walk past the sink. Wash as usual, no more stain. This mix works great on things like dingy socks, dish towels, and hand towels along with stains of all kinds. It will really clean the sink also.....LOL

·
Banned
952 Posts
what bar soap did you use to make the laundry detergent? I know fels napth is a real good pre-treater. wet the garment, wet the bar, rub the garment and use a small vegie brush to rub it in good, let set, and then launder and see if it came out. you may need to pretreat them like that and then let them soak in the hottest water they are allowed to be cleaned in for the mud to come out. soaking and scrubbing hun! thats the name of the game LOL

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I used Trizyme, by Amway Products and it takes out everything, including the yellow stains that you find after baby clothes have been packed away, dried in blood stains, ink...

·
Registered
906 Posts
I found a product called "Holy Cow" (the pink one) that has done some amazing jobs on stains from my DH and boys. It even took blueberries out of a good dress shirt. It has done an amazing job on everything I have tried it on except for those unknown oily spots you get on clothes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the stains are lighter but still there. So I am going to soak them agian. I hope they Come clean the pants are only a month old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts