Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading about people cooking in their dishwasher (corn on the cob and even lasagna).

Anyway, I wondered what types of things you've cleaned in your dishwasher. I know a lot of people wash baseball caps in them.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Back in the 80's I had wire rim hub caps. They were a bear to clean. I would put one on the top shelf and one on the bottom shelf and run through a cycle. The dishwashing detergent got them sparkling clean with NO scrubbing on my part.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I use it to clean my combs, baby toys, sink scrubber & sponge, votive jars, sink drainer, flower vases, ..
I've heard of people using it for flip flops, but haven't tried it. Also, last week on some talk show, they used it for baseball caps & I haven't tried that.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I used to throw my dish washcloths in the d/w. It did a great job of cleaning them. I haven't actually used my d/w as a d/w for several months, though. I just hand-wash everything, and use the d/w as a drying rack. :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've stuck my dish drain and the pad in it to sanitize it well. It cleans it really good. Canning jars, containers that hold toothbrushes, brushes, pencils, dish soap pad.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Scissors and dust pans

Those are my unusual things

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
As along as it was safe to wash it in the dishwasher, (any item that can handle the extreme heat a dishwasher can generate), and some that weren't so safe, at one time or another it's probably been washed in my dishwasher...lol

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have cleaned all of the above items in my dishwasher except for hubcaps. That is a neat idea.

I love how candy dishes come out sparkling clean. My favorite item to put in are my grandson's toys, he's only 10 months. It really saves me time.

I have never heard of cooking in a dishwasher.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yeah, cooking in a dishwasher?

I've just done the toothbrushes and toothbrush holder cup. And the cats food bowl. :)

·
19,119 Posts
How creative you all are!! Never would have ethought to put baby toys in the dishwasher!! May use ours to clean some of the toys from the preschool - mahalo!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Soap dishes
Those little plastic organizer baskets
The metal "screen" filter from my range hood
If your electric can opener has a removable cutter,
you can clean that in the dishwasher
Salt & pepper shakers
Small "wicker-type" baskets

I put my flip flops in the washing machine with a couple of towels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.