Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was for $40.07 and included 3 - 1/2 days of working in the berry patch. They get paid per pound of berries they pick.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Congratulations to your dd! :smball:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Awww they sure grow up fast don't they!
Berry picking sounds like a really fun job :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My kids don't think it's much fun. They spend 5-6 hours on their knees picking berries. Whether it's hot, cold, rainy, windy or whatever. . . . .

They have a terrific boss though- he NEVER asks the kids to do anything he doesn't do himself. So if it's 100 degrees outside- he's right there with them, picking along side of them.

As the season ends- he usually switches to paying them by the hour because the berries get harder to find.

My boys have picked for him for over 6 years- in face my oldest son was disappointed he couldn't work there this year. He couldn't work it around his full time job. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WTG!! :fdance:

·
27,948 Posts
Good for her! Does she have her hard earned salary going towards some specific goal?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Congrats to her !!!!!!!!
I can remember how exciting a first paycheck can be.......

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
WTG :hurray: Enjoy that money!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My kids are each required to tithe on their check first- of the remaining they divide it into thirds- 1/3 to long term savings like a car or college, 1/3 for short term savings like a stero or bike, and 1/3 they get to spend as they want.

Most of the time, they end up saving the last 1/3 as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts