Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this in my 'to do' pile for AGES........we are talking years here.

My plan was to see how the pattern worked up.......then use 'the window' to put my garden pics in and make another one.......well, as they say......."the best laid plans".

My new computer won't load the OLD photoshop elements program that I had spent hundreds on taking the classes.........so not sure about what will happen..........

But the ORIGINAL pattern is done..........I am pleased with how it turned out.......

and yes, I gathered the fabric for a long time too.
Finally pulled some florals from 'my stash' as I didn't find enough LARGE florals to complete it..........just so I could get it done!!!

·
8,714 Posts
~That is so pretty! When I saw the thread title I was confused. Why put a beautiful quilt up in an attic window where no one can see it? :crackup: I'm just a little tired right now. :laugh:
There's gotta be a way to get your old files to transfer. I hope someone can help you figure it out. Does the software have a web address for support?~

·
Registered
960 Posts
What a beautiful quilt!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS..........I enjoyed making it........for the most part....:laugh:

Why put a beautiful quilt up in an attic window where no one can see it?

There's gotta be a way to get your old files to transfer.
Toooooo funny nuisance...........no, not this one, but I HAVE some of those quilts. I call them my 'bag quilts'...........meaning, they go downstairs 'in a bag' and that is where they stay!!!! :laugh:

The PSE program is so old I am sure they expect me to update........I had updated once (for just under $100) while taking the classes....the program is now running close to $150 and if they haven't gotten any more "user friendly" than the first issues, I doubt that I could use it. Not sure any more investment is worth it!!

·
27,948 Posts
Love that window effect, bravo! :clap:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
beautiful !

·
Registered
329 Posts
Franny- What a beautiful quilt.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Very beautiful quilt

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
~That is so pretty! When I saw the thread title I was confused. Why put a beautiful quilt up in an attic window where no one can see it? :crackup: I'm just a little tired right now. :laugh:
I thought that too. Then I thought maybe it looked out the attic window and was a false stain glass window sort of thing.

No just a beautiful quilt pattern.

·
4,028 Posts
That is gorgeous! I love all the large scale flowers.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Wow! It's just beautiful!

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Beautiful window into the garden!! I knew what the title meant as I have made a couple of AW quilts. One was like yours, with a different square in each block. The other one had different colors for the sashing (window pieces) and all the squares were a navy print with tiny white stars (night sky). WOW, it was amazing how different they were. Wish I had taken a pic of the second one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts