Frugal Village Forums banner

My babies are sick (long)

901 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dpence 
#1 · (Edited)
Morning to all,
Last week we had a sick stray that we had put down. No idea what was wrong but it was definately sick. The day before there was another one in the neighborhood that someone shot . It growled and hissed and wouldn't back down from the people. We're all thinking Rabies. Thank heavens ours are indoor cats.Well Friday my kitty started acting funnny. Saturday she was worse and of course I couldn't find a vet open. Sunday I was so upset that I sat and finally got one that just happened to stop in the office and we took her in. She has a URI and since she hasn't been eating and is the runt she's anorexic. She wouldn't have made it til Tuesday fro regular hours. She usually sleeps on my legs but hasn't for three days. Last night about ten she jumped off the dresser, bounced off my dh (lol) and landed on me. Thats where she stayed. So the meds must be helping thank heavens. But now he sister is acting strange. She never was an outgoing cat (just with me ). I asked the vet and he said that since she isn't acing sick she's probably having sympathy sickness for her sister....in other words he said she's pouting cause she isn't getting all the attention. ( can you tell they're spoiled) If I don't watch her she'll eat and drink.So if your cats quit eating, gets really really bad breath and stuffed up please if you can take them to the vet. I know its expensive, I used all the emergency fund, but they are family too and this can kill them. I got more information on the blood work from the vet than I get from the dr. when I go in. Go figure. Oh and the vet lives 1/2 a mile from us and we didn't know. Puss just loves him. Sorry this is so long. Any ideas on how to people from dropping off strays? Last week it was a duck!!!! Someones pet because it's wings were clipped.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well it's been almost a week and my cat is finallly getting better. She's milking it though but thats ok. Wouldn't eat unless I fed her and then I found her eating by herslf. Her sister is another story though not as bad. I think she's just about over it too. I hope we don't have to go through all this again. Not being able to know whats wrong is the worse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.