Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the day has finally arrived that I have been dreading. My son leaves for bootcamp for the Marines tonight. I can't believe that he will be gone for 13 weeks. I am going to really really miss him. I have been having a really hard time not crying all freaking day. As long as I don't think about it, or look at him too long, I am fine.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Traci, sending you a big :hugz: I know how you feel. It seems like just yesterday that my son graduated from Marine boot camp. Write everyday! He will want to hear from you! Have you visited Marineparents.com yet? Visit the recruit section and you will learn so much information about what your recruit will be doing from day one to the last day. It helped me so much because I am a worrier. I can't wait for that day when you write "My son is graduating!" Is he going to San Diego or Paris Island?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
big hugs to you. thank you to your son for his service to our country.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Aw Traci, I'm so sorry this is hard on you. :hugz:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
((( HUGS )))

My son went a couple years ago --- it was hard. . . I agree -- write EVERY day! My son even had me writing to his bunk mate, because he didn't get any mail.

Our recruiter gave us a matrix that showed what they were doing each day of bootcamp -- I knew when the Crucible was happening. . . etc.

Check online for Max Beerup . . . he has some fantastic information.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
So far I have had 3 of my 8 children go to Army booy camp, I cried all 3 times. Every time my youngest goes back to the Naval Acadamy I cry. Its a big step for any young person. Big Hugs to you and yours
Fern

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I know how you feel, you are in my thoughts :hugz:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sending you some hugs! :hugz:

Please thank your son for his service and dedication to our country.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
{{HUGS}} Traci. I worried and cried almost the whole time my son was in bootcamp. Remember to write, write, write. They need those letters from home :)

·
27,948 Posts
Adding my hug to the bunch. :hug2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts