Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on my bedroom for weeks now.  I found out we were expecting another little 'en and I've been erpy & blah, so it has taken a long time.  I still need to hang pictures....but the funds got re-apropiated to Miss K's new room....we're getting new carpet & I'm making her a quilt & such.  Anyway, here it is.

Looks "cheesy" in pictures, but IRL, it's pretty cool.  :)  I'm happy with it.  I'm going to do black & white candid pics of my kids & of us whenever I get some money for frames & mats.....I'll print the pics....I've already got a few really good ones.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Awesome... it looks so great!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
looks great. i like the painted wall. Might steal the idea....

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
:clap:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks fantastic. I always have a hard time because I want to put every penny toward debt. Then I burn out just like a strict diet and completely blow it.
This time I'm allowing myself to spend a little more. DH and I stopped at Kohl's yesterday to get him some underwear they had on sale and looking through the clearance rack in the bedding dept. I found a quilt set that I really liked. It was originally $220.00 for the quilt, shams and bedskirt. I was able to get it for $55.25 once I got all the discounts. Because the new quilt is so much warmer then our old worn out one we're able to drop the temp. at night another couple degrees. It makes me feel good to go into the bedroom and be greeted by the newly made bed. Of course now I have to repaint the walls. I don't think I'll get as creative as you did. You did an awesome job. I don't have the imagination or patience for anything quite that involved.
Enjoy your handiwork and congrats on your new expected arrival.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
looks really sharp!!! Definitely a pro!:D way to go!!!!

(I've been hanging out with Benjamin Moore a lot lately, and he is jealous of that fine decor!!!!!):toothy:

·
Registered
395 Posts
WOW - may I ask how you designed the grid for the squares? It looks like it would be very time consuming! I love the look - way to go.

Debbie

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just grabbed a level & started drawing. :) Then, I just penciled in which color I wanted in each...making sure no two same colors touched. I taped as much as I could I painted. Waited for it to dry & taped some more. :) It took a week, but without Miss K, I couldhave got it done in 2 days. The drying & waiting took the longest. What was really nice, was a couple of the paints covered in one coat & that made it faster.

Years & years ago, I did a similar thing in my living room, but MUCH more colorful. I used those $.50 craft painst from the craft store. It was sooooo neat! I got new furniture & it didn't "go" anymore, so I re-painted.
Maybe I can dig out a picture of that. :)

G

·
That is fantastic!! I like the way the quilt above the bed mimics the square pattern on the wall. Fabulous job on the walls!
I love it!! Thanks for sharing. What a great bargain you got on the bed linens!:hurray:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks Jamee! I'd love to see your other photo too.

This looks like an "after" photo from an HGTV show!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts