Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hold me down! :hurray:

I'm floating on air! :cloud9:

I haven't seen my oldest (26) for 14 months.

I haven't seen my younger son since last June (almost a year).

I can't wait to get my arms around their necks and hug them till they scream uncle. I can't wait to smell their smell (you know that particular smell a mother knows her child by?) I would know them if I were blind. You mothers out there KWIM.

Youngest should get here by next Thursday (he hates to fly and is driving up from FL) and then the next day is picking up my older one at the airport. They both only get a few days, but.....

I'm excited. :rollsmile

DH is excited, too.

Did I tell ya I'm excited? :toothy:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
AWWWW!! HOOORAYY!!!

My daughter comes home for a visit next weekend from the Navy but I got to see her over winter break so has only been a few months. I hope you all have a wonderful visit!

Reactions: cab54

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, krbshappy71 !! Have a good time. I know I will!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I'm very happy for you and I know you will have a wonderful time. :)

·
19,119 Posts
How exciting!! what a wonderful time you will all have and we cannot wait to share even more of your joy!! Mahalo for including us.

·
27,948 Posts
You got me all teary eyed, so happy for you & yes I know what you mean by"that" smell. I couldn't imagine not being able to see my kids for a year or more.
Hope they know you are going to cry a bit and keep hugging and staring at them for a while. ;)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh, it has been great! They are both sleeping right now, and with all of the rounds of grandparent visits and stuff, it has gone by way too fast. But that's the way it always is. I still have been sooooo blessed to see them again.

They both head out tomorrow for 'home'. The selfish insane side of me wants to chain them in their old rooms, and keep them here forever. The sane side of me is so proud of the adult lives they lead, even though it's across the country from me. Ah, life.

It's been great.

·
19,119 Posts
I've been waiting to hear your smile!! What a great visit for you all - and creating memories forever!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts