Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so exhausted, but I had a lot of fun!

First Friday:
Ayla was still gone, so I did some shopping in about 100 degree heat with no a/c in the car...just to kill time..

I got home from that, and right after I set my groceries down and started fixing a snack, my neighbor came over and asked to do something with me! I was thrilled! We ended up walking for two hours, talking the entire time :) While we were walking my husbands friends were over 'jamming' with him. Then my neighbor and I came back to our place and we all watched a couple movies and talked and just had a good ol' time! :)

Saturday:
Ayla was dropped off at noon...
I spent the next hour convincing my husband to take us all to the beach to get out of the heat. So we did. And BOY did we ever get out of the heat! Right smack dab in the middle of some CRAZY THICK FOG and cold weather. We were at the beach a total of about 2 minutes when Ayla got scared of the waves. But it was nice just driving with the family on the scenic route anyways. The scary part was this stupid car was passing, and NEARLY wiped us off the planet!!! OMG! He was driving down the middle of a two lane highway inbetween us and another car!!
Once we got home I pretty much slept and that's about it ...

Sunday:
Most of the day was a breeze. I couldn't plan much because I wasn't sure what time my dad was coming. If any of you remember, the last time he came he was about a day and a half late because he got lost/locked his keys in the car etc...and we were all worried. Last time he was also in one of his manic states, but this time he was very relaxed and calm and just plain nice and normal :)

I was so glad to see Ayla warm up to him and play with him before he left. She doesn't even warm up to my mom like that. After he left, Carl and I took ayla on a walk and cuddled on the couch...

I'm ready to just fall in bed and sleep a lot :D
Oh, and my MIL said she wanted to pay for Ayla to go to gymboree. We have one down the street that I just found out about, so it wouldn't be far to drive...I just feel weird about accepting her to pay for it. I think I want to tell her no, and that we'll pay for it, she really does more than enough as it is. But I am pretty nervous about starting it and worried about 'fitting in' with the other parents if I do sign up. But it's something I have to do, I don't want to shelter ayla all her life just becuase I'm shy.

Oh well that was my weekend, and just wanted to share it with ya'll. I tried to make it short, but looks like that didn't happen :D

·
27,948 Posts
You sure did pack a lot into your weekend Heather. Good for you.:) Glad your visit with your Dad went well, I do remember how worried we all were last time he was to come and no one knew where he was.:heartsm:

Ayla will have such fun at gymboree and you'll have a blast watching her.;) You'll fit in just fine as I bet these ladies love to talk.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sounds like you had a really fun week-end, Heather!:) That's great! ....BTW, I would have never know you were shy, Heather...Go to gymboree with Ayla. You'll fit in for sure and Ayla will love it and maybe you'll make a new friend, there too...:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm glad you had a good weekend ! Go to Gymborie, you'll have fun too !!!!!!!!:D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend Heather!! Ayla will have a ball!! It's always hardest the first time but after that it gets better!:smball:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sounds like a full and fun weekend Heather. Ayla will love Gymboree, I bet you make new friends out of the other Moms in no time at all. Y'all will already have something in common-kids in gymboree. I think it will be a great experience for both of you.

Have a great week Heather!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sounds like a jammed-pack weekend Heather.

I think Ayla will have a blast at the gymboree. With your personality you will make friends in no time at all.

Hope you get to relax some this week.:)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Heather I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Go to Gymboree and think of it as an extension of the Village, you are always so sweet and open here I am sure you will get along great with the other moms!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts