Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justwanted to say that I should have pictures up here soon for you guys to see my candles! I am so excited! I found a farmers market that I can sell my candles at!:)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pics!!! I am a candle holic! Post pics as soon as you can!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I can't wait ! Good luck with your candle business Jodi !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I missed this too :confused: (mind you that isn't hard for ME is it? LOL)

It's great news anyway ~ I LOVE candles. Good news about the market! That's what I'm looking for over here.

Can't wait to see pics - Well done Jodi and Good Luck :smball:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am in the process of starting my own candle and bath products business. My new business logo is over in the picture gallery section. I will be offering about 25 scents to start. To start I am doing, 16oz jars, tarts, cinnamon bun candles, muffin candles, flower pot votives and sugar scrubs. When I get time (and $$) I am going to start doing soaps. If you are interested in the scents I will be carrying please let me know. I will post pics as soon as I can!!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Jodi ~ I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you get into the bath products? I am asking because I quite fancy trying that myself! I know that's a bit naughty but we are not in competition unless of course you have a shop in London? ;)

Good luck with your new biz anyway and I LOVE your new logo it's great! Did you design it yourself?

It's really hard work all this making stuff to sell isn't it?

Looking forward to seeing your other pics! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bev~

I started making candles because I was tired of buying expensive candles that didn't smell strong enough. I love treating myself to bath and body too but they are so expensive. My goal is to provide a quality product for a reasonable price. I don't know exactly how I got into it but something just struck me one day and I thought, "you know, I could do this!" HTH

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
seems like a good combo to me too!! I find nothing much more relaxing than a hot bath with some great smelling soap with candles lit around the bathroom. If i am real stressed out i turn off the light and just have the bathroom lit with a bunch of candles on mirrors. And as of yet i have never had a candle that seems to be scented enough, they seem quite weak. Great going Jodi!! I can't wait to see pics of your products. You are going to do great!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I want to be able to buy a candle that I can just open and sniff, whether I plan to burn it or not!
Plus I would rather support a small personal business than a big factory one!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
me too :)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i wanna see some pics.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.:toothy: :toothy: jodi???

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
me too Jodi! I wanna see too! Let me know when you are up and running! I would love to try out your stuff! I LOVE candles!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Can't wait to see what you have available!! I'd love to be able to buy from someone I know rather than Bath & Body works!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am just now seeing this post. What a great idea! I can't wait to see your stuff, too.

Bath products are a great biz to get into! Candles, too! I see lots of nice candles on eBay.

Best wishes with your biz.

Kristin :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Great idea!I've been making candles as gifts but never thought of selling them,I'd love to know how you make the tarts and cinnabuns.Is soap making hard at all I'm wanting to do some baskets for my sister,mil and mom.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok here are some pictures...they are not the best as I don't own a digital camera but you get the idea. No pics of bath and body just yet. I am still deciding whether I want to do my own website or have it done.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i don't see anything... did i miss them?:) I can't wait to see!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts