Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all --hope this picture works. I see where you've all been posting information on candles recently. This is my passion --but let me warm you all -- it's highly addicting and very expensive!!! But hey keeps me out of other trouble.

These are a couple of pillars I made --The scent is "Boysenberry and Moss" and I love it. Very unique.

Suezy, (aka Sher)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Just beautiful Suezy, I love them and bet they smell devine! :thumb:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Your candles are great! How pretty! I have always wanted to make candles and never seem to get around to it. Do you sell candles or make them as a hobby?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Those are beautiful! :)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
WOW! those are beautiful!! i LOVE candles!:D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sher, they are so pretty! I love your new creation and I know it took some thought and skill to make them look like this. You are so talented.

Sooooooo Pretty!!!!!:D

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
They look awesome! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the nice praise.

Sara ---I am beginning to build up a clientele that I sell to --word of mouth type of thing ---I love making them--but hate selling, grrrr!!! You should really take the time to try making some. I guarentee you'll become addicted. I would suggest buying a starter kit from one of the on-line suppliers that have great quality wax and scents. If you buy from the hobby shops --you will be frustrated and disappointed as the wax is nothing like you get from top rated candle suppliers nor are the scents. You can buy a kit that will have everything you need for 55 dollars or so --

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Prairie Rose --- Wicking is the hardest part of making candles --it takes much testing and patience. Quality scents and good wax are the prime ingredients to good hot throw. Add to that the proper sized wick of course too. This can definately impact the scent throw. You probably already know this. If you'd share with me what size containers and wax you're using, as well as type of wicks you've tried, I could perhaps be of some help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts