Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 40 years of marriage, she is getting a separation. It truly is a sad time for her but for me has well. I always felt they had a good marriage and a wonderful relationship and I love them both.

How do I help her go through this? Once she leaves, her grown children will disown her and she knows that and is waiting until she is strong enough to be able to handle it along with the separation.

Can I remain friends with both of them?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
you really can remain friends with both. If she isn't happy then she shouldn't stay. it will be hard just be there and listen to her. That is the best thing you can do. It is going to be hard, but trust me when i first divorced my friends helped so much. Holidays are really hard too. just let her know you are there to support her and willl listen anytime she needs someone to talk to.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ya know if my Mom wasn't still raising my brother and his son, I think she would have left Dad years ago. There is love for each other but not for a marriage. They just exist and have for years.

We just never know.

I hope you are able to be there for her. It will be hard for you too. I know it will be difficult to be friends with both of them but you seem to be able to deal with lots of things. I know you didn't need one more thing to deal with but God will watch out for you and perhaps just one sentence you say to one of them will make a difference in their lives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts